Issue with Traktor, please HELP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Issue with Traktor, please HELP!

Hey guys, I'm new in this forum, and the main reason I registered is because i'm having a problem with traktor, well I always had this issue, and since this is a recognized forum I thought it was clever to ask for a solution here

Ok so my problem is Traktor re-writing MP3's tags. Time ago, every track that had been played on Traktor, wouldn't open on Ableton (I was told it had something to do with Traktor tags). Well, I installed Quicktime and problem solved (dunno how, it just worked). I don't know why I typed that, nvm. The real problem is that when I load any track on Traktor, the program will chop the Title, Artist, and any other tag to 30 characters maximum (I think it is 30, I don't remember the exact number, including spaces). Thing is, titles and artists of a lot of tracks are very long, including the dj name and remix could easily expand it to 60 characters. So, after mixing with traktor, my entire collection has been chopped, and this is driving me crazy, I need a solution! Please! I know theres a lot of tech gurus in here, so I would realy appreciate it if you could help me with this. Does anyone else has this problem? Have you solved it? Thanks!

No one ??
    Please help me! !

[ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Hey completej! Thanks for ur reply, so that means that eveverybody who uses traktor has only 30 characters on their track names, artist, etc??? Cant this be fixed? How is it that in windows I can write longer Tags??

no, it illustrates the various versions and attributes of id3 and how it affects the length of info, either in characters, bytesize, or location in the .mp3 file, and ideas on what you can do to fix this issue.

I'm sorry completej, i didn't found the ideas of what i could do to fix it, and i see its mainly talking about itunes and apple, 2 things i dont use. Maybe its beacuse english its not my native language Please bare me, could u tell me a simple solution for this? Thanks mate

sorry

what it is saying is your ID3 version is possibly different from a more standard version. i believe most people will say 2.3 is better than 2.3, but it sounds like youre stuck on verison 1.x.

check out this site

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

it should allow you to modify the ID3 version of your tunes without losing information. going forward, you will then be able to store more information than you are now.

test it out on a few songs and see if it works before doing a lot of files, lest you lose your ID3 information.

Thanks completej, I downloaded MP3Tag and tested a couple of tracks. So, first I opened the program and look for a song that I hadn't load into Traktor, the program showed the tag version was ID3v2.3. Then, I made a copy, and loaded into Traktor, let it be analized, then unload it and closed Traktor. MP3 tag showed that the copy of the track (loaded in traktor) had now TWO tag versions (ID3v1 & ID3v2.3). I guess traktor is the one that writes my MP3 tags into v1 version. Do you know how i can change this. Illustrative Pic: (Original track above, copy loaded into traktor below).

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What version of Traktor are you using? 1.2.6 is the current version.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Traktor Srcatch Pro 1.2.1.7692

Is that the problem?? Ty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast