DJ TECH Mixer One - Broken?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default DJ TECH Mixer One - Broken?

Hey,

I recently bought a mixer one online and had it shipped to me. Very excitedly I tore away the packaging and plugged it in. However, I haven't been able to get it to work. First my computer said the drivers did not install properly. Then after restarting and unplugging and replugging a number of times the drivers seem to have loaded. Windows says the device is working properly. However, I am not getting any MIDI messages being relayed to Traktor. Also, the LEDs do not light up.

My question is to those of you who have one of these mixers and have it working. Did your LEDs light up when you first plugged it in (either via MIDI or the wall) and/or do they light up when you open Traktor (like my Kontrol X1 does)?

I'm wondering if the device possibly got damaged during shipping.

Tech Convert

Just wanted to clarify my setup. Using a Gateway PC laptop with Windows 7 loaded on it. Traktor v1.2.

Sounds like you don't have it set up properly in the midi set up in traktor but try a midi monitor program just to check the unit is ok
    SC | MC

maybe import a tsi....?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

Is the Midi button lighting up when you hit a button on tracktor its locared at the top bar center I think it says CMD with a light next to it. It should light up when you hit a midi command even if it isn't mapped to anything at all.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Convert

Hey thanks for the replies guys. A couple points. No the MIDI light is not lighting up in traktor hence the reason I said traktor is not receiving messages. Importing a tsi at this point would be useless because traktor isn't even aware it is receiving midi input. I still want to know at what point you guys see the backlight buttons showing up. I see no backlit buttons or fader levels. All my other midi devices light up as soon as they get powered on but this one does not. Could someone please tell me how their properly working mixer one responds? Thanks.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Don't know much about that mixer. Have you tried a different cable? I don't think there are very many people on here with DJ Tech mixers. I know one guy was asking about one the other day. Maybe he'll pop in here.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

Yea I think its kinda weird that there is practically no info anywhere online to be found about this mixer. No reviews, practically no posts, no troubleshooting guide, and no one seems to have it!

Tech Guru

I've got one coming but it hasn't gotten here yet. I'm sure someone on this board knows of a program that can check for midi signals. Theres gotta be something out there.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Here's the other thread on it - http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18723 - he posted a tsi too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast