Juggle Mode

Thread: Juggle Mode

Default Juggle Mode

Could someone define juggle mode for me and possibly quickly describe how it is toggled on or off (Traktor)? A little confused by what is meant by this term, as I've followed some of the video juggling tutorials Ean did (successfully) but never really figured out what juggle mode was. Thanks in advance

This is with the use of a VCI-100 and Ean's TSI mapping.

There is a knob on the top right of the device (3 little black ones in a row). The last one to the right is juggle mode on and off.

All to the right is Juggle On.

This turns the 4 buttons under the jog wheel into Cue 1 2 3 4.

Usually they are Sync....Drop Cue...Pause\play and Play.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yeah it's not in the software, if you don't have a VCI-100 and your not using the DJTT mapping you don't have juggle mode.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Yeah it's not in the software, if you don't have a VCI-100 and your not using the DJTT mapping you don't have juggle mode.
    unless you make one yourself from scratch...

OP, how did you follow beat juggling tutorials if you don't have some kind of juggle/hotcue mode on your controller?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post

OP, how did you follow beat juggling tutorials if you don't have some kind of juggle/hotcue mode on your controller?
    i think he meant he was simply watching them on youtube
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

Default how to make your own juggle mode

to do jog wheel juggles with a greatly simplified amount of rewind, just do this.

there is a note on message in the tsi. it is called "scratch on"
    use the cc and note data from that line to make a new line that is either hotcue 1,2, etc, or active hotcue. You can choose what you think is best.

you'll need to use some other button on the devcie as a toggle on/off button. a few simple lines of modifiers to define the toggle on off, and you have a nice juggle mode. What is does is jump to a hot-cue whenever you touch the jog wheel, therefore you don't have to rewind(which is difficult on small wheels) to a traditional beat-juggles.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    This is with the use of a VCI-100 and Ean's TSI mapping.

There is a knob on the top right of the device (3 little black ones in a row). The last one to the right is juggle mode on and off.

All to the right is Juggle On.

This turns the 4 buttons under the jog wheel into Cue 1 2 3 4.

Usually they are Sync....Drop Cue...Pause\play and Play.

Thanks! Exactly what I wasn't sure of; whether or not it was part of Traktor or a term used to describe part of the mapping.

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post

I did in fact follow and recreate Ean's juggling tutorials. I'm using an M Audio keyboard controller, and I've mapped "Select/Set + Store Hotcue" for juggling. It works just as fine, however I suppose now that I know what "juggle" mode is it's obvious that I can't do the same amount of things with a fewer amount of keys. In my case and for the sake of learning it doesn't matter though, because my keyboard has 61 keys, plenty of sliders, and some pads as well; furthermore, I don't have a VCI-100 or a midifighter..yet.