Random Freeze
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Freeze

Tech Wizard

Default Random Freeze

Hi everyone,

I purchased a Sony VAIO E serie (EB1M1E/BJ) and Traktor Scratch Duo with the Audio 4 DJ. And i've got a Vestax VCI-100 (firmware 1.1 i guess).

The problem is that the laptop randomly locks up when i use it.

After a fresh install of Seven 64 bits (i mean = without Sony bloatwares) there is no problem at all. Then i install traktor, drivers, plug the VCI etc. And *bim random FREEZE*. Mouse, keyboard, screen are locked. I have to reboot mannualy and have the "Windows Kernel Power Error" in the event log of Seven.

Sometimes it works for 1 hour, sometimes a freeze after 3 mins.

Ar first i thought it was the audio4dj or a drivers problem but i tried everything, optimisations, disable any kind of power saving mode, unused peripherals disabled..., even with my M-audio 410 and a express card, i have this problem (but it sounds good when it works !).

Sometimes it freezes at windows logon, even it the soundcard or vestax are unplugged !

My temperatures are good, and the system is running well, tested with a OCCT during 1 hour without probs.

Things i haven't test is to upgrade the realtek drivers and the HDD firmware. I saw it on an another forum. Should i try with a windows XP ?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I've heard of some problems with Vaio's not recognizing the VCI as a midid device, but this sounds a little different. Since it's crashing at start up it sounds like it may be problem with the computer. You may have accidently gotten rid of something the computer needs. Maybe try another fresh install of the OS and then disable the Sony stuff one by one. Also bluetooth and wifi cause problems all the time if you keep them running while dj'ing. .
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

The vestax is fully recognized. I think it's a software prob before hardware. With the recovery CDs i've got all the drivers of the laptop installed, and more freezes. If i install a windows Seven professional, it appears more stable. And many peripherals are not installed. But the problem is i can't find what it causes freeze.

I put the vestax on an express card, and the audio4dj on the vaio, and it runs good at this time... Wait & see :s

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Have you checked for faulty ram? HD errors? as monotone said, try a fresh os intall but only install motherboard (usb, disk, etc) and video drivers; skip card readers, bluetooth, camera, wifi, ethernet, etc.

my advice is to have a secondary partition with an OS to DJ only, without it EVER touching internet.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Have you checked for faulty ram? HD errors? as photojojo said, try a fresh os intall but only install motherboard (usb, disk, etc) and video drivers; skip card readers, bluetooth, camera, wifi, ethernet, etc.

my advice is to have a secondary partition with an OS to DJ only, without it EVER touching internet.
    Yep i tested both ram & HDD, with OCCT, orthos and VAIO utility (very long...) no issues.

At this time i run a seven pro, but if i plug the soundcard + the vestax on the vaio USB, it crashes. If a plug the vestax on a USB express card it seems to be good. I will try with a windows XP (if i can install it) to check if it's hardware or not.

Tech Wizard

After tests i guess there is a prob when the vestax is plugged in (AC power or usb power, the same). Traktor Scratch freezes.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Have you checked for faulty ram? HD errors? as monotone said, try a fresh os intall but only install motherboard (usb, disk, etc) and video drivers; skip card readers, bluetooth, camera, wifi, ethernet, etc.

Can you elaborate. After you make a seperate partition how would you create an os to DJ only?
    Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, MacBook Pro 13'', Traktor Kontrol S4, Traktor Kontrol X1, , Midifighter, NI Audio 6 DJ, HDJ-2000 Headphones, UDG Producer Bag.
    Original Productions: https://soundcloud.com/alligator
    My Duo Productions: https://soundcloud.com/rockafellers
    Facebook Fanpage -->http://www.facebook.com/djalligator123

Tech Wizard

I've got a win7 64 bits pro on C:

Some drivers installed by Microsoft. Just wireless is installed and webcam. But both disabled.

I install traktor scrath dual, the Audio 4 dj drivers. reboot, plug the soundcard, the vestax.

I've got a D: partition with traktor.

Nothing more on my laptop.

Tech Wizard

Yesterday, i installed a fresh windows XP. The VCI-100 is not detected -usb powered or AC powered- if i plug it on the VIAO. With windows Seven, it is. So i take a USB express card and it works. VCI-100 is recognized. Very strange.

BTW i ran traktor for an hour without probs, but a small latency when i loaded tracks or surfed in library, that didn't happen with widows seven.

After 3 hours under traktor (while i was sleeping ^^), laptop froze. It's "better" with Windows XP. Under windows seven, it freezes after 3 min to 1 hour...

So questions... Is VCI-100 is truely compatible with i3 processors and intel PM55 chipsets ?

I have to upgrade the firmware of the VCI ?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The VCI-100 isn't on the list, but the 300 and the 100 MKII are.

http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.p...d_page_url=234
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast