Completely hands-on, mousless use of Novation Nocturn with Traktor PRO

Default Completely hands-on, mouseless use of Novation Nocturn with Traktor PRO

I recently got the Nocturn from Novation looking for a cheap, portable and versatile midi controller that I could use mainly for production work inside Reason/Record but equally well when dj-ing. I scoured the inter-webs high and low looking for a mapping for Traktor PRO, but the few I did find were very basic and/or poorly mapped... at least according to my needs, no disrespect intended for other peoples' work. This is how I set up to make an advanced, custom mapping for Traktor that would allow me to completely forget the mouse or laptop track-pad.

Here's the result of quite a few hours of work spread across several days. It's by no means perfect, as neither is the Nocturn for dj-ing, but I did try it out and it feels very good. It's easy to use and there are quite a few features crammed into this little controller.

All I ask in return is your help improving the scrub control. Best I could come up with is a bit limited. you can only scrub through a portion of the track (as much as the knob allows). Although they are endless rotaries, I couldn't get them to act truly endlessly and scrub through an entire track from start to finish, but coupled with the beat-jump control it gets the job done.

Download from here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4j5c5u

Your opinions?
    Last edited by zgomot; 10-19-2010 at 10:11 AM.

Tech Convert

zgomot, could you reupload the files. that's what i have been looking for.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Players in signature aren't allowed, you might need to remove it.

Tech Wizard

This is a 2010 post...