S4 Kontrol missing Fader Effects mode!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    My bet would be learn proper mapping and get it done (it just feels better to do it yourself)

or just wait for someone to recreate it and post it here...

Look at what the hardware offers and make that your priority, not something that can (and surely will) be recreated.

It's pretty hard to compare them since they are in quite a different price range but if you have the money go for the S4, I'm pretty sure it will become the new king as the "normal" layout controller.
    Thanks for the responses, peeps. It's all about insight, and that's what I was looking for

Anything is portable if you have the right case and vehicle, so that's a non-issue for me. Also, sorry for rubbing it in, but money is not an issue when it comes to $600 vs $1000. Besides, if you get the vci-100SE you're only getting the lesser software, and to be on the level, (not downloading it via torrent,) your still looking at paying around $750-$800 bucks total for the SE with proper software.

The S4 comes with the full version software, guaranteed to work; plug-and-play, on top of that you get an audio card, sampler, more tactile knobs and faders, a better layout, and as stated here: enough features that you won't be missing anything. Not-to-mention the newer gear will have more support in the future, while the old will likely stagnant at the support that already exists. (BTW, I'm VERY impressed with the amount of support via articles and videos that are out there for the SE...)

Again, thanks a bundle to all who contributed to this thread. I'm going with the S4!
    -Zeb
    Last edited by zeburock; 10-21-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Just make sure you buy through DJTT and not some mega-corp
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Tech Wizard

To be honest, I live in Canada so that may be a problem: Border fee's can be astronomical I'll probably drive to Alberta and buy at a 'non-giant store' there, while taking advantage of the lower taxes.

Unless you've got a better idea, (believe me, I totally dig DJTechtools cause.)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeburock View Post
    Thanks for the responses, peeps. It's all about insight, and that's what I was looking for

Anything is portable if you have the right case and vehicle, so that's a non-issue for me. Also, sorry for rubbing it in, but money is not an issue when it comes to $600 vs $1000. Besides, if you get the vci-100SE you're only getting the lesser software, and to be on the level, (not downloading it via torrent,) your still looking at paying around $750-$800 bucks total for the SE with proper software.

The S4 comes with the full version software, guaranteed to work; plug-and-play, on top of that you get an audio card, sampler, more tactile knobs and faders, a better layout, and as stated here: enough features that you won't be missing anything. Not-to-mention the newer gear will have more support in the future, while the old will likely stagnant at the support that already exists. (BTW, I'm VERY impressed with the amount of support via articles and videos that are out there for the SE...)

Again, thanks a bundle to all who contributed to this thread. I'm going with the S4!
    -Zeb
    well, it's not your case but some people already own traktor pro so they are kinda pissed with having to buy new software and features will come in a following update. it's a great combo, but not the solution for everyone

VCI has a HUGE fanbase and i doubt it will fade away any time soon. look at m-audio uc33 as an example, discontinued but still in demand. good products last.

enjoy your s4! mine should be here around mid November (i'm literally getting the 1º unit that arrives )

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    well, it's not your case but some people already own traktor pro so they are kinda pissed with having to buy new software and features will come in a following update. it's a great combo, but not the solution for everyone

VCI has a HUGE fanbase and i doubt it will fade away any time soon. look at m-audio uc33 as an example, discontinued but still in demand. good products last.

enjoy your s4! mine should be here around mid November (i'm literally getting the 1º unit that arrives )
    That's a good point - it is too bad for people who paid for the full Traktor version, and now it's coming out bundled. Another good point on the massive fan base for the SE - no doubt it's a raved on unit!

Tech Convert

To be honest, I live in Canada so that may be a problem: Border fee's can be astronomical I'll probably drive to Alberta and buy at a 'non-giant store' there, while taking advantage of the lower taxes.

Unless you've got a better idea, (believe me, I totally dig DJTechtools cause.)
    Just let a friend in the US order it for you and then pick it up, did the same here ( I live in Europe).
    AWAVE

Gear: PC, 2 21" Screens, Vestax VCI-100 SE, Audio 4 DJ, Traktor Scratch Pro.

mapping my own would likely be a pain in the testicles. Especially given the complexity that Ian explains here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjjA0xPkXMs

The whole reason I'm going with one of these two models is to add the FUN back into production (I have vast experience as a studio engineer,) and for plug and play capability.

The SE is apparently badass, but I don't have a music store near me with one I can play with

Answer me this: as I don't intend to add turn-tables in the future; I have a stellar audio card already; and I know I can run the device through Ableton Live for sampling ~ do you figure the S4 is STILL the better option over the VCI-100SE??? (I do like the sounds of an all in one unit, of course.)
    Is it just me or does it really say; fader fx theory, lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12