Novation Nocturn and Traktor Pro mapping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Exclamation Novation Nocturn and Traktor Pro mapping

This mapping features two pages which each control a deck's effects, eq levels, and looping. Although both effects unit one and two may be turned on, the mapping only controls the parameters of effects unit 1. Other than that, I believe this offers a pretty simple and (somewhat) effective way to control Traktor Pro. Very minimalist setup.

Use this link to access the necessary files:
    http://drop.io/traktornocturn
    Last edited by ntny; 01-31-2009 at 08:29 PM.
    NTNY Music

Hardware:
    Macbook Pro 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM
    Novation ReMOTE 25 SL
    Novation Nocturn
    Software:
    Traktor Pro
    Ableton Live 7

Tech Convert

if i'm not mistaken, there is an error with the file you uploaded. the effect 1 and the crossfader are mapped the same. also, the page 2 mappings are one off, so everything is shifted over. I am about to update my automap software, so that might make a difference, but you might want to recheck the .automap file you uploaded. either way it was an easy enough fix. regardless, thanks for the great upload. i like the simplicity of this mapping. i'm thinking on expanding just a bit on it, so if i do, i'll upload it as well. nice job. keep it up.
    Last edited by des10; 12-14-2008 at 12:47 AM.

Tech Convert

Not a problem ... however, I think the file is correct - for some reason the automap software is not the best and sometimes funky things happen with the mappings. Especially with the crossfader - it never is assigned a parameter on software launch ... at least with mine I usually have to manually assign it a CC everytime.
    NTNY Music

Hardware:
    Novation ReMOTE 25 SL
    Novation Nocturn
    Software:
    Traktor Pro
    Ableton Live 7

Tech Convert

just checked again after i upgraded my automap universal and it worked fine thanks again. this saved quite a bit of headache..

Unhappy Link...

Does anyone have a link to the Nocturn automap file. The link above no longer seems to work.

Many Thanks

Tech Convert

Updated post with working link again. Please let me know if you have other problems with it!
    NTNY Music

Hardware:
    Novation ReMOTE 25 SL
    Novation Nocturn
    Software:
    Traktor Pro
    Ableton Live 7

Default nocturne with traktor pro

hi there...just bought my new midi controller....the link i ve downloaded just doesnt work....i dont know why but when i import it and i use the controller nothing happens...

someone help me???

hey there.. I'm considering adding a nocturn to my vci-100 setup to control the TPro effects area. Any comments from those using it on what it's like? I read around the 'net that the automap s/w can be a little flakey?

Quote Originally Posted by djdrey View Post
    hey there.. I'm considering adding a nocturn to my vci-100 setup to control the TPro effects area. Any comments from those using it on what it's like? I read around the 'net that the automap s/w can be a little flakey?
    The newest version of Automap is very stable for me. I use the Nocturn for Traktor Scratch and it is perfect for the effects.

I am working on a 2 page map for Traktor Pro.
    Page 1 will enable you to both select and manipulate FX on both FX panels in both chained and advanced mode. It also hides away the FX Panels from view when not using them, freeing up real estate.
    Page 2 will allow you to assign any deck to the FX panels.

Only stumbling block at the moment for me is a few LED issues. I'm trying to get Traktor Pro to send the status of variables to the LEDS without them being touched. You can't. So now I'm going to try and hack it by changing the value of those variables by the smallest possible amount to force Traktor to output to the LEDs again. If that makes any sense.

IMO, the Nocturn will make a good unit for controlling FX. Just don't assume you can use the crossfader for any scratching, because it ain't up to snuff. Another problem is that you can't use all of the features in MIDI mode. That middle green, detented encoder? Useless in MIDI mode. It doesn't transmit CC#. Novation need to make all of the buttons and encoders transmit MIDI data in order for the unit to reach its full potential.

Sorry for the long-winded reply.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

No need to apologise that's exactly the sort of reply I was hoping to get!

Not sure why Novation would have released that without having midi notes for every control - seems pretty short sighted.

No worries about the cross fader or speed buttons - but the 8 buttons below that, they're also non-midi and not mappable?? There seems to be some confusion from what I've read.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast