Ableton - 8-band crossfader and cue/master mix
    Tech Student

Default Ableton - 8-band crossfader and cue/master mix

hi folks,

I started a blog recently. I think it will mostly be Ableton Live performance/mapping/sound design tutorials.

So far I've done one on making an 8-band crossfader, similar to the DJM2000's frequency mixing function; and another simple one on how to map a knob to provide a DJ-mixer style cue-master mix knob.

http://noise-etc.blogspot.com

Tech Mentor

Good first couple of posts, particularily like the cue mix one, will be setting this up for my next gig, such a simple solution compared to my current variant....

And i like the 8 band concept but i've used a djm2000 and found it in reality a bit of a gimmick to have so many, it does come into it's own when you use it for having effects on a band of frequency though....

Looking forward to the next post mate, bookmarked!!

Cheers
    D

Tech Student

yes I know what you mean mate with the 8 band, it can be overkill.

If I was playing breaks, hiphop, dubstep, electro etc anything like that then you're better off with your usual DJ EQs, you're more inclined to need quick cuts of big bands there. But if you're playing some really subtle and progressive minimal or dub techno it works a charm I find, can be very hard to hear where one track ends and the other begins.

I'm only use it on my dub techno project, other stuff it just wouldn't be quick enough to use it.

Thanks for reading anyway

Next one is almost finished, setting up some knobs to apply ad-hoc swing to freshly recorded drum clips, and also just a knob to apply some increasingly long random delay times to notes to give that drunken wonky feel or just automatically humanise your drum clips a little bit on the fly.