hardware fx - who uses them and what are your tastes?

Default hardware fx - who uses them and what are your tastes?

been using software just because its economical but been toying around with the idea of getting some hardware again. probably start simple with a kaoss pad. after the new year i would love to get a sherman filterbank and maybe one of those jomox delay boxes or tc electronics.

who elses uses hardware or are you all "in the box" as they say

Go for an A+H DB!

man shermans aint cheap but talk about a jump in price bracket...

love my ecler and not too interested in 4 channel mixers

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There comes a time in every DJ's life when they say to themselves do I want to buy a car or an A&H DB? lol
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

In the box. The only real effects I use are when playing real vinyl "unplugged" and that's only the ddm4k's internal filters/delay and the loop sampler (the latter doesn't even count as an effect imo).

@jojo I don't drive so that's one sorted already for me, it's on my list of goals as a grown up : "owning an A&H" - not interested in the db4 yet though, traktor does what I want

Tech Wizard

Probably more involved than you want to get but you could always just get a second computer up and running and put ableton on it and use it as a midi synced VST wrapper that runs on your send/return effects loop.

I honestly can't think of a more powerful setup, ableton and VST's give you infinite possibilities that you can customize and program to your heart's content.

You would however need a controller, a laptop, ableton, vsts and possibly a second audio card to route the audio if you're using 4 decks, likely making this exercise more expensive than getting a hardware efx processor.

I think there's a way you can do it with JACK or soundflower but the exact routing complexities of it currently elude me if you're mixing externally, and I think you lose timecode functionality since you can't use the audio 8 as your sound card in Traktor when using soundflower or some other internal audio routing plugin.

yeah, i already use plenty of software fx and really dont need to be sold on that one or explained how they work/practical examples. preaching to the choir man.

i was hoping for a bit more of a discussion but it seems no one uses hardware