Sober DJ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sober DJ??

Default Sober DJ??

Coming from a past of partying my ass off addiction; I am Tee-Total and proud. The thing is, without that lifestyle I feel things are going to be harder as a DJ. When I was getting messed up every night I felt like everybody in Los Angeles had heard of some of the crazy shit I had done and this could have easily translated into DJ'ing had I been doing that at the time. Now I wonder how I am going to get the same kind of energy and following without the same old insane habits. Have any of you done it?
    Last edited by maxonemillionone; 10-20-2010 at 10:12 PM.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I haven't played out in many years, but I was always sober when I did. I just fed off the energy of the crowd and had fun watching the drunk idiots.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i drink at my gigs, but I dont get stupid drunk
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

lol...

I don't drink at all, and I don't get fucked up on anything while I am DJing...

I've been with some big names when they are totally whacked before and while they are djing....

ya i only drink mildly while dj-ing but once i finish up i rock out to the next dj's set. fun stuff
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I drink very little while DJing and rarely felt lack of energy. just feel the crowd and your music, it should be more than enough

I gotta hammered out of the blue one night, I totally didn't expect the liquor to hit me how it did, and while I thought I played pretty awesome, the ppl at the party thought it was meh lol maybe it's cuz I don't do club gigs or anything, but I usually don't drink when I spin anymore cuz I have to drive my sound equipment and all to my gigs, and there's no way i'm leaving it over for the night at someone else's house.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

I don;t drink....

Won;t play drunk....

Pretty much the sober one \ reliable one at the party.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Have a couple of beers before/whilst I'm playing - I have played hammered a couple of times, usually when it's me and a bunch of mates in a three on then off rotation (once was nerves related - playing after Boca45 when I'd just started DJing, and he proceeded to play at tleast 5-6 of my dead cert tunes, last time I blame the bar manager for feeding us tequila shots in the booth all nigh) - from what I remember both times we had them dancing on the tables, but I wouldn't recommend getting that pissed up.

Saying that I know a very highly regarded South East UK based DJ who always double drops before he plays ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Usually have a few before and during, not aiming to get hammered just get in the mood a bit more, played sober many times also and still enjoyed it, but I guess I just love a drink in general anyway
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast