Beginner : DJ Equipment

Default Beginner : DJ Equipment

Hello,
    Sorry for this no-brainer post, about buying DJ equipments.
    i live in Malaysia, and we have too few access to DJ equipments, so i couldn't get to see the equipments in real.
    anyways, i want to start learning digital DJing, and plan to buy a set of controller. have done some research online, and short-listed to a few of them. can anyone please help to advise on this

1) Numark Mixtrack Pro
    2) Numark IDJ3 (besides an ipod input, can anyone tell me what is the difference with the Mixtrack model?)
    3) Numark MixDeck (a little high for my budget, but i would consider it if it's really good)
    4) Vestax Spin/Typhoon (can't tell the difference between these two)
    5) Vestax 100MK2 (price on the high side, but seems to be good. how is it different from the spin/typhoon?)
    6) Vestax 300MK2 (expensive)

thanks guys for reading.

Traktor Pro + VCI-100. You'll get the same answer from at least half the people on this forum!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

A good rule to remember when purchasing anything: The poor man pays twice.
    If you buy a cheap controller and second rate software. It's not gonna end up so cheap when you drool over the top rated controllers/software and end up buying what you should of bought in the first place.
    The Traktor S4 is a sensible choice imho. $899 for the latest controller,software and tutorial video. A VCI-100 $550 or $849 for one everyone wants. $$$$ for Traktor pro.$$$$ for a decent sound card. I am not knocking the VCI-100 as it has proven itself as a high quality unit. The S4 just appears to be better value as a complete package.
    Plus, you won't be the only one learning about it. The forum will be rampant with questions about the S4 for a while to come.

fullenglish: thanks for your recommendation. but is there a special reason that the VCI-100 is better than the others? even better than those from Numark? how is it compared to the higher VCI-300 model, or the lower spin/typhoon models? just want to improve my knowledge on equipments

oldschool: hey thanks, I totally agree when u said poor men pay twice. I'm really affraid of making the wrong choice. u said the S4 model, but I haven't heard of it. is it by Vestax? sorry, actually I haven't seen most of the equipments in my choice. I'm just gonna buy them online. is it possible to tell me a little about your view on those other equipments, and also the S4 that u said? thanks again dude

Tech Guru

Buy the best one you can honestly afford. If you go cheap you are going to want to upgrade in the long run. And spend more money or worse it will break. In order of what I would get, and not sure what prices you have where your at, of you can buy used??? Also do you already have Traktor. If it were me and I was on a tight budget, the order I would buy is:

1. Used vci-100 and used sound card. With Traktor Pro. Honestly you can use a maya44 sound card and it would still sound ok.
    2. MixTrack with external sound card. This would come out the cheapest of any combo. It’s a cheap controller but I think the one that offers the most
    3. S4. This is by far the most expensive but you’d be set.
    4. VCI-300, I’d get the MK1 for cheap. It’s great with Itch (and the software comes with contoller) and can be used with traktor – but it has tons of limits

Anything else on your list I wouldn’t consider at all.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Check this out mate... http://www.djtechtools.com/2010/09/1...nit/#more-7952 It is available in the DJTechtools store.