Midifighter Chords
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Midifighter Chords

Ive been a scratch deejay for 10 years and its so cool to see the same things that happened with turntablism happening with controllerism. its actually pretty trippy. it would be so dope if you made a video that covered diff chords with the Midi Fighter

Thanks

Tech Mentor

you would have to have all chord samples in the same file(wav, mp3) then set your cue points.

Tech Convert

I meant in Ableton. i shouldve clarified it a little better. It triggers notes C1 - D#2. Im sure I can figure it out with a chord cheat sheet but a tutorial on practicing chords and chord progression with the Midi Fighter, like the drumming one would be fresh..

Tech Mentor

Are you using it in a drum rack. thats how ive done it. Ive never changed the note parameter but i believe it can be done in the firmware settings!....Welcome

Tech Convert

Thats perfect for .wavs but if you throw an instrument on a midi channel and arm it, its a 16 note instrument. same with launchpads, mpds, etc..

Tech Convert

i.e a C Major would be buttons 1, 5 & 8. its kind of a pain to figure out, fun tho

I've played around with this a bit, throwing different syths and other chords into my dj sets, using ableton Live. I'm using an APC40 with some custom software to play it like a keyboard, it's quite fun...

Tech Convert

Bomes? the buttons just dont feel right on the apc to me. id like to learn the chords on the midifighter so when im writing i can just bust out a simp melody without having to turn towards a keyboard plus itd be crazy live

Yeah, totally agree on the buttons issue. It would be a lot easier to play with a real keyboard, but then I'd have to lug that around, too... I'm using NativeKONTROL, which are some fancy scripts, running inside a Bome-based runtime called MTplayer. And Will Marshall's DJ setup inside the GUI, he's brilliant.

Tech Convert

Yea i used those for awhile, was def alot to take in. i write more than i play out. its crazy what you can do with those presets tho. maybe tmrw i'll just sit down and make a sheet of the major scale that correspond to the MF buttons and pass it along..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast