I want to buy a maschine. but...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I want to buy a maschine. but...

I would reallly like to use one on its own and in traktor before i commit myself to another £300+ purchase. The apc40 was a half decent purchase for 290 but ive rarely used it. only making two songs so far purely form faffing about with loops, and thats in 5ish months

There is currently nowhere around my area with a try before you buy music shop with MIDI instruments etc. so ill give a few questions to you guys,

Now i have absolutely no experience with drum pads, all ive seen with machine is that guy in the advert pwning a drum solo, like i could manage that within a year? anyway, can you load your own sounds into maschine and padkontrol ( i dont just mean to use padkontrol as an example im meaning the whole range, MPD's etc) can you use the others as a midi device like maschine?

Also, i know maschine has seperate modes for midi controller and the drumpad, but could i have half the pad as a sampler and half midi controlled?
    like the top 8 buttons for samples, and the bottom 8 for synch, loops FX on/off.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

NI has like 15 or so different videos on their youtube channel talking about all the things Maschine can do. Have you watched those?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYVQR-YdVJI
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Its just not what machine does, it what it does that others dont do, why i sohuld fork out nearly double for a maschine rather than a MPD
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Its just not what machine does, it what it does that others dont do, why i sohuld fork out nearly double for a maschine rather than a MPD
    check the videos and have your questions answered. maschine is really about the software combo, it's much more than a pad controller.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's is nothing like a Maschine it may resemble regular old drum machine, but it's not. For one Maschine comes with 5 gigs of GOOD sounds. Seriously watch all of the tutorial videos and you should be able to begin to wrap your head around it.

These guys are some pretty heavy hitters and they love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuT3V4GpMDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW8EFjMcj5Q
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    There's is nothing like a Maschine it may resemble regular old drum machine, but it's not. For one Maschine comes with 5 gigs of GOOD sounds. Seriously watch all of the tutorial videos and you should be able to begin to wrap your head around it.

These guys are some pretty heavy hitters and they love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuT3V4GpMDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW8EFjMcj5Q
    *Cameraman stops filming*

"Now give me my f*ckin money NI, yo..."

Just joking, he seem genuine
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

yeah also ski beatz seems to never stop touching the maschine if anyone watches any of his videos

Omg, i just watched ALL of the videos for the maschine. That thing is kick a**!! I want one! Anyone selling theirs, or know where i can get a cheap good condition used one???

"why should i buy it"

its NI

/thread

and its also a maschine

/all other related threads
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Correct me if im wrong but the MPD24/APC40 are just MIDI controllers....where as the Maschine is a WHOLE new beast...

To my knowledge it is the only one of its kind at the given moment. It's a seamless and beautiful sampling/drum machine fusion of hardware and software.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodless View Post
    Now i have absolutely no experience with drum pads, all ive seen with machine is that guy in the advert pwning a drum solo, like i could manage that within a year? anyway, can you load your own sounds into maschine and padkontrol ( i dont just mean to use padkontrol as an example im meaning the whole range, MPD's etc) can you use the others as a midi device like maschine?
    O.o what? Yes you can load your own sounds into it, what does the padkontrol have anything to do with this? Honestly, like everyone said watch the videos and look up KnockSquared on youtube he makes some phat sh!t on using his Maschine. Truthfully I am really not sure if you fully understand what the Maschine is. Now i'm not trying to knock you just judging from your outlook on it thats what im getting
    Last edited by GrimFandango; 10-21-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast