Does anyone else think the Traktor filters sound bad?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Does anyone else think the Traktor filters sound bad?

When I use the Traktor Ladder filters, I think they sound terrible. When the knob hits 2pm, the highs get very LOUD. This does not sound good in a mix at all. When I switch the filter to Xone, then it sounds too weak. I'm looking for a filter sound in between Traktor Ladder and Traktor Xone filters, something that sounds like the Pioneer filters.

Does anybody else notice that it gets overly loud at the 2pm position using the Traktor Ladder filters?

Tech Mentor

Have you tried to experiment with the wet/dry function to see what happens?
    15.4 mbp i5, NI X-1(x2), Allen & Heath Xone-42, NI Audio 4dj , TSP 2.0.1, Stanton Uberstand.

If you are talking about the deck filters, then they originally were not meant to have any resonance in them at all, they were to aid in mixing, so therefore sound 'weak'.

For example, the new sample banks in the S4 software have a filter knob instead of dedicated EQs. This is where having no resonance comes in handy.

What actually happened with the deck ladder filter is that NI accidentally released a version with too much resonance in. Everyone moaned, so they took it out again. Everyone else moaned, so they put it in again.

Of course, you can use the filters in an FX slot if you want more control over the parameters.

The best solution would be if you could choose and lock the amount of resonance for the deck filters.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 10-21-2010 at 04:23 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Philippro View Post
    Have you tried to experiment with the wet/dry function to see what happens?
    I'm talking about the built-in filters on each channel.

Tech Mentor

did you try switching to the A&H emulation in the deck settings? that one doesn't resonate

yeah... agreed, something in between would be sweet. It is annoying, i dip the gain as i turn the filter on... not ideal, but hey it helps
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    yeah... agreed, something in between would be sweet. It is annoying, i dip the gain as i turn the filter on... not ideal, but hey it helps
    It would be a nice update to fix the Traktor dedicated filter sound. It is so much cleaner and nicer to mix with the filters rather than the low eqs.

I think I am going to feed into Ableton from Traktor and use the filters on it.

Poor man's DJM-2000.

Quote Originally Posted by JCribb View Post
    I think I am going to feed into Ableton from Traktor and use the filters on it.

Poor man's DJM-2000.
    I wouldn't say poor man's, that is about $1000 in software.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by derjay View Post
    did you try switching to the A&H emulation in the deck settings? that one doesn't resonate
    Yes. The 'Xone' filters sound too weak. The 'Ladder' filters sound good but they make the music unusually loud as you turn it to the right. It especially gets loud at the 2pm position. Not good.

when i tried out the s4 at the native studio i talked to a guy about that filter problem and he told me that they arre going to fix. it´s a known problem...hope it will work in the next updates
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast