Audio 2 DJ + Traktor Pro + Rokit 6 question
    Tech Student

Default Audio 2 DJ + Traktor Pro + Rokit 6 question

OK, newbie here, but I have been lurking here and there, the current setup (soon to be passed on to the younger bro, replaced with the Kontrol S4) is:

Traktor Pro
    KRK Rokit 6's
    VCI-100
    Audio 2 DJ interface

I was using my M Box 2 and it worked sans headphone cueing, so I went with a cheap option that my brother could use once he got his setup. The KRKs were hooked up through the dedicated l/r monitor output on the M Box, but the Audio 2 DJ has two plugs / 4 outputs.

I cant seem to figure out:

a) If I use output B for the headphone cueing, where do I change the preferences to make it work in Traktor? (Also, are there any new .tsi files that are more refined for the VCI than what I have right now? My effects dont work :/)

b) More importantly, Since output B is for the headphones, I only get A (1/2) for the speakers. BUT, since there is only one slot for a cord, how do I link up the two speakers? Is there a 1/4" splitter that I should use, or can I connect one speaker to the Audio 2 DJ and then wire the other speaker to the speaker connected to the interface? I'm kinda lost, spent a lot of time searching but to no avail.

Any input or help would be much appreciated. TIA!!

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

the outputs in the audio2dj are stereo, use the provided 1/4-RCA cable to plug it into your speakers. if you lost those, use a regular 1/8 (miniplug) to RCA cable and get a stereo 1/4 adapter. no need for splitters

in the prefs go to output routing -> internal ->and set

Monitor: 3/4
    Master: 1/2

im quite sure you can set this up with traktor wizard as well, you can acces it in the lower left part of the preferences window.

there are loads of VSI tsi files in the forums, don't know where you got yours
    Last edited by padi_04; 10-22-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    the outputs in the audio2dj are stereo, use the provided 1/4-RCA cable to plug it into your speakers. if you lost those, use a regular 1/8 (miniplug) to RCA cable and get a stereo 1/4 adapter. no need for splitters
    Wouldn't using the supplied 1/4-RCA cable take up both outputs on the Audio2DJ (each speaker needs one 1/4-RCA cable, right?) leaving you with no headphone cue?