Need new stuff. Suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need new stuff. Suggestions?

Yo everyone. When i started mixing a couple years ago it was because a friend of mine had an abandoned pair of Numark pro TT-2 turntables and a Numark DM1001 mixer just sitting in his house. I offered to "store" it at my place because i had been mixing with traktor and a mouse for a while. Having these turntables changed everything. I went and bought TSP and got me some timecode. I have been using TSP with the timecode, a vci-100 mkI, and a launchpad. Well my friend is moving to Denver now. And i finally got the word the he might want to take the turntables and the mixer with him.
    I need to replace these. I would love if you guys could give me suggestions.
    I was thinking about a Technics SL 1200 MK5 which i can get for $680
    also I am really diggin the Behringer DDM4000 which i can get for $260
    Last edited by The Chemical Fish; 10-22-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chemical Fish View Post
    Yo everyone. When i started mixing a couple years ago it was because a friend of mine had an abandoned pair of Numark pro TT-2 turntables and a Numark DM1001 mixer just sitting in his house. I offered to "store" it at my place because i had been mixing with traktor and a mouse for a while. Having these turntables changed everything. I went and bought TSP and got me some timecode. I have been using TSP with the timecode, a vci-100 mkII, and a launchpad. Well my friend is moving to Denver now. And i finally got the word the he might want to take the turntables and the mixer with him.
    Where you cop the VCI 100 MKII and for how much :P?

You could try switching to Ableton, and use bridge and launch pad with serato. It would give you alot of expansion
    Last edited by chrisw; 10-22-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
    Where you cop the VCI 100 MKII and for how much :P?

You could try switching to Ableton, and use bridge and launch pad with serato. It would give you alot of expansion
    Sorry for the typo. Its actually a mkI. >.< I actually got a really good flow goin with the mapping for the launchpad and eans mapping. Fader fx FTW. Found a awesome tsi in these forums for the launchpad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chemical Fish View Post
    Yo everyone. When i started mixing a couple years ago it was because a friend of mine had an abandoned pair of Numark pro TT-2 turntables and a Numark DM1001 mixer just sitting in his house. I offered to "store" it at my place because i had been mixing with traktor and a mouse for a while. Having these turntables changed everything. I went and bought TSP and got me some timecode. I have been using TSP with the timecode, a vci-100 mkII, and a launchpad. Well my friend is moving to Denver now. And i finally got the word the he might want to take the turntables and the mixer with him.
    You living in Boulder brah?

Heres a pic!

Quote Originally Posted by maxonemillionone View Post
    You living in Boulder brah?
    No im in Minneapolis.

Tech Mentor

Everyone here is going to tell you to get a VCI-100 or NI S4 or whatever...

I say try to find some used 1200s, the Behringer mixer and a set of dicers. You gotta have some kind of MIDI...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    Everyone here is going to tell you to get a VCI-100 or NI S4 or whatever...

I say try to find some used 1200s, the Behringer mixer and a set of dicers. You gotta have some kind of MIDI...
    I think i got the midi down based on the pic i posted above...

I think it really comes down to exactly what you feel would aid you in your mixing.

If you don't actually need turntables, it could be a good time to take them out of your setup completely and go completely digital. That would open up a whole realm of possibilities.

I don't think getting the DDM4000 would be a bad idea. For what it is, it's a bargain, no matter what anyone says. Compare it to anything else that can do what it does, and it's no question.

Another option would be thinking about picking up a Maschine. I see that you have the launchpad, but the Maschine is a seriously nice piece of kit as well. There are a ton of videos about it that would do more justice than myself talking about it.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    I think it really comes down to exactly what you feel would aid you in your mixing.

If you don't actually need turntables, it could be a good time to take them out of your setup completely and go completely digital. That would open up a whole realm of possibilities.

I don't think getting the DDM4000 would be a bad idea. For what it is, it's a bargain, no matter what anyone says. Compare it to anything else that can do what it does, and it's no question.

Another option would be thinking about picking up a Maschine. I see that you have the launchpad, but the Maschine is a seriously nice piece of kit as well. There are a ton of videos about it that would do more justice than myself talking about it.
    Maschine looks super dope. Having the timecode is actually just a personal thing i like doing @ my home setup. Live i havent really plotted out yet. Might not even use timecode for my live set.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast