Numark NDX 400 - Good enough for home use?

Default Numark NDX 400 - Good enough for home use?

I'm looking for some cheap, but good CD players for home use. Normally I would go straight to the Pioneer ones, but like I said...cheap. The Numark NDX 400 looks pretty good and is seriously affordable. I just got no idea if it's any good.
    I know that "cheap" not necessarily means "garbage". I mean, if you exclude my Macbook, not one thing in my setup did cost me more than 200 Bucks (new) and it's all club-compatible quality stuff, even if most snobby DJs would never admit it, which brings me to the reason why I ask you here. It's seriously difficult to find some fair reviews for budget stuff. Most shops don't have any reviews for their lower priced gear and most DJ message boards are full of arrogant pricks, whose "reviews" can be summed up with "I didn't try it, but it's not from _________ and costs less than 500 bucks, so it's shit".
    Like I said, I'm only looking for CD Players for home use. They don't have to survive 52 weekends in the club and don't need a gazillion effects and gimmicks, but they should work like you would expect serious DJ gear to work (start playing without any delay, not taking too long to load a track...) and of course they shouldn't break immediately.
    So has anybody tried the Numark NDX 400 and would you recommend them for my purposes?

I have x2 NDX 800s and though they are not the same product i would wager they use some of the same internals. the 800s are rock solid btw and have pretty decent scratch capabilities in all modes but CD/MP3 is most responsive. The slot loading eject/load mechanism is quick. If you intend to use it exclusively as a CDJ i'd try to find some input into sound quality. The 800s seem just a tad low in the higher freqs and the EFX are kinda meh. The jog wheel surface itself is not "grippy" enough but the 400 may have something different.

EDIT:
    BPM counter is pretty accurate but the LEDs display is very basic and sometimes difficult to read in bright light situation.

Thanks for the answer. From the outside the 800 really seems to be "just" a version of the 400 with more extras, so maybe I will really go with them. It just sucks that I have to go 2 1/2 hours by train to find a store for DJ equipment, where I could try it out first.
    Like I said, I don't demand much of it, just that it works like any DJ CD Player should. I don't need a million filters, effects and loop options.