Used Pioneer CDJ1000 How much for pair?
    Tech Guru

Default Used Pioneer CDJ1000 How much for pair?

I am getting some cash in shortly and I really want to pick up some CDJ's. So how much should I expect to pay for a pair of CDJ's I know they vary from MKI-MKIII so if you have a ballpark for any or all of the three that would be fantastic. I have seen some MKII's priced at 500$ each which sounds reasonable to me.

Also as a side note are there any other CD players that even come close to the CDJ's in terms of build quality and function? Within the same price range. I have been looking into Denon 3500-3700 which seem nice but I have heard a lot of smack talked about Denon players calling them Wedding DJ gear.

I have read all the threads about which equipment to buy and I'm not really looking for that to be answered I specifically wanna know about CDJ's and if there anything that compares within that used price range.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

i have owned the denon 3500 and they are shit hot never had problems with them

you can get a pair for 1k all the way up to 2k
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

The denon decks are great if you like spinning platters...I have owned CDJ1000's, CDJ 800's and the denon 3500's and my favorite of the bunch were the cdj-800's. The platters feel great and you are getting pretty much everything a cdj 1000 has + auto loop mode. If you are using them with traktor or serato I really see no diff between the CDJ-800's & 1000's. One thing to watch with the Denon Dn-S3500's are that some have heat issues (as mine did) and will play erratically if they get to hot. I had to put some fans in my case to solve this issue. When they have the heat issue they become unplayable in platter mode if on for too long. You need to turn off the moving platter to make them useable.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

What's the deal with functionality of these with traktor? I'm thinking of hooking some too just through the shear inconvenience of taking my controllers to a gig..
    There really isn't a lot of usable knobs etc on there to control Traktor.. Is it even worth using a cdj as a controller?

Have you looked at the cjd 400's? Only pio's with midi (i think) and you can get them at a pretty reasonable price.. Still not a lot to control with on the deck

Tech Guru

Thanks guys I may just go for the denon I'm gonna go play around with them for a while at the local GC thou.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)