Routing a soundcard with 2 X stereo outs into Traktor pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Routing a soundcard with 2 X stereo outs into Traktor pro

Hi There,

I have Traktor pro for mac, and a phonic firefly 202 firewire soundcard. My problem is that the outputs, with are each 1/4 inch stereo TRS, are reckoginized by traktor as 1 channel, so it displays 2 stereo outputs as only 2 mono outputs (as opposed to 4x mono if the outs were RCA), allowing me only to map 1 channel from each deck.. Is there a way to change this in my system, or to configure traktor to accept a single stereo out?

Sounds like it could be a driver issue, had a quick look at the phonic website driver page and they don't list a mac driver so I assume it plugged and played or came with a CD?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

Plugged and played. I should have known that getting a 2x2 firewire card for $70 was too good to be true!

if you'd paid the little bit extra you could have got an Audio 2

any chance of a refund?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Convert

Yeah, maybe, it was on ebay.. The cash isn't really the issue, I was just hoping for firewire. I'll probably end up going with the audio 2, and now i just have a really nice interface for recording i guess.. The audio 2 has outputs like the one I have now, i'm assuming they are reckognized as 2 sets of 2 mono outs?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Nope, stereo

From NI
    Even though it's the smallest DJ USB soundcard in the world, its two stereo outputs plus the ultra-loud output level and professional sound quality have enough punch to rock the world’s biggest clubs.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by pidluz View Post
    Yeah, maybe, it was on ebay.. The cash isn't really the issue, I was just hoping for firewire. I'll probably end up going with the audio 2, and now i just have a really nice interface for recording i guess.. The audio 2 has outputs like the one I have now, i'm assuming they are reckognized as 2 sets of 2 mono outs?
    yes.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Nope, stereo

From NI
    Then how do you route that one? That sounds like the same as what i have?

The Phonic Firefly 202 doesn't have 2 stereo outputs. It has 2 TRS balanced outputs, which are each mono.
    The problem here is that TRS is used in the industry for both stereo unbalanced, and mono balanced signals. The Audio 2 uses stereo unbalanced TRS, and the Firefly uses mono balanced.

A balanced signal is sent over 3 connections, in this case the TRS(tip, ring, sleeve) and in most cases a XLR. This will always be a mono signal.
    An unbalanced signal is sent over 2 connections; like an RCA, or a TS cable. And can be sent as a stereo signal over a TRS becasue each channel shares a common ground, the sleeve.

I hope this clears things up for you.

AH it's balanced! It all makes sense now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast