First Party: Do's and Dont's - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Spray paint and drunks/tweakers sounds like disaster to me lol. Make sure you have someone supervise that sh*t imo.

Not a pro by any means at all, but I figure you gotta expect the worse and hope for the best. Could someone fall in those graves...lawsuit? Spray paint get in someones eyes and you don't have paramedics on site...lawsuit?

Quote Originally Posted by natebehe View Post
    Spray paint and drunks/tweakers sounds like disaster to me lol. Make sure you have someone supervise that sh*t imo.

Not a pro by any means at all, but I figure you gotta expect the worse and hope for the best. Could someone fall in those graves...lawsuit? Spray paint get in someones eyes and you don't have paramedics on site...lawsuit?

yea that was a last minute off the wall idea, its been scratched. too much of a liability.

as far as people falling in the graves they're going to be shallow, maybe a foot or two deep, all blocked off with caution tape. were going to fill a few plastic tubs with water and dry ice and put them in a few but other than that they should be fine.

otherwise everything is pretty much in motion now, im pretty stoked. I'll make sure to post pics of everything after the 29th!

How much are you spending on this party out of interest? Have you already made a profit through ticket sales? Looks like you're going all out, pictures should be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by zacl87 View Post
    How much are you spending on this party out of interest? Have you already made a profit through ticket sales? Looks like you're going all out, pictures should be sweet!
    when we first planned it out we estimated about a $475 investment, with cutting some corners and a little DIY work we've shaved it down to $350. And thats covered everything we need.

It also helps that all the other DJ's were close friends of mine and were more than happy to come spin for free entry +1.

We thought about doing pre-sale but waited too long, were doing wristbands at the door.

*crossn' fingers

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_AveNew View Post
    also, alot of my friends are into painting and aerosol, has anyone had any good hits with having a wall of paint or an area for people to spray up?

i was thinking of throwing up some sheets on the back wall and having some cans for a free area for people to share their art.

anyone have any input on this idea?
    we have a spot around us that has a big out of use grain silo out behind it that's used for writers to come put some art down during parties. it's awesome to watch, everyone just watches the people do their thing. it's really dependent on the environment and crowd you have as to how it's received, just use your head.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123