First Party: Do's and Dont's
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default First Party: Do's and Dont's

After reading the few posts about hosting your own club night and finding DJ's to play i was inspired to host a Halloween themed party for a bunch of locals and college buddies next friday.

Location is a half acre backyard in northern Arizona

DJ Lineup for the evening is set

Event staff is already accounted for including a bouncer who will be attending the gate and entry fee.

since its a friends/freinds of party there will be alcohol available included in the cost of entry as well as free registration for a beer pong tournament.

What im looking for is some advice, some do's and dont's from people who thrown hundred's of similar events, mabey some issues that can be brought to my attention and fixed before next friday.

Id appreciate any info on the matter, or even links inside our own DJTT forums as well as other forums posting on the same topic.

Thanks and much <3 - Avenew

p.s --->

link to the party flyer
    http://s1206.photobucket.com/albums/...=FLYERRR-1.jpg

Invite all the neighbors, or at least give them your number and ask them to call you before the cops.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    Invite all the neighbors, or at least give them your number and ask them to call you before the cops.
    i really lucked out with the location, there's a small business to the right of the location, an empty house to the left and a nursery/orange grove behind it.

so theres no one to call the police within a half mile.

I always recommend somebody staying sober who's in charge, or dividing up "responsible" time amongst a few people so if you are visited by the Police or Neighbors there's somebody coherent to respond.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

don't pass out in the grass.

pretty much, if you're not bothering anyone in terms of noise levels, and it's not just a huge rave where ppl are buying and selling drugs (Alochol isn't too big of a deal for cops), you shouldn't have much to worry about. The cops just want to make sure ppl are partying in a safe manner. And have someone who's sober at all times to deal with by-law officers or whatnot, if they do end up coming around.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

yea im gonna kick it for the night and stay sober, i just might have to cut my set short or move it to the beginning of the night so i can make sure to be out and about entertaining and maintaining some peace.

we're expecting a very diverse group

I'd also recommend having a few radio's/walkie talkie's between whoever is in charge(ie you) and your bouncer/door guy. That way if there's a "visit" you can intercept before entry. In the past we've also had a video camera at the gate just in case but that may be overkill for this. How many people are you expecting?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    I'd also recommend having a few radio's/walkie talkie's between whoever is in charge(ie you) and your bouncer/door guy. That way if there's a "visit" you can intercept before entry. In the past we've also had a video camera at the gate just in case but that may be overkill for this. How many people are you expecting?
    i like the walkie talkie idea, that should help out alot.

as far as the video camera, do you mean for surveillance?
    we do have a guy coming down to shoot some video for a late night public access show called Arizona Underground, to interview myself and some of the other DJ's that are going to be there

were expecting anywhere from 150-200 people.
    im just not sure what to expect if we end up having to deal with a larger crowd. its gotten alot of hype over the last month

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_AveNew View Post
    i like the walkie talkie idea, that should help out alot.

as far as the video camera, do you mean for surveillance?
    we do have a guy coming down to shoot some video for a late night public access show called Arizona Underground, to interview myself and some of the other DJ's that are going to be there

were expecting anywhere from 150-200 people.
    im just not sure what to expect if we end up having to deal with a larger crowd. its gotten alot of hype over the last month
    Walkie Talkies and video cameras sketch people out; and if they are on drugs and in a bad place; it'll put them in a worse place. Bad idea. If you must, be very discreet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast