HELP! busted usb port on Nanopad, pics incl. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Its fixible ok.

You'll need to follow where the tracks back to the next junction / component on the board and solder to that point seeing as theres no-where else left to do it.

You could either hard-wire a cable or hot-glue/solder in a usb connector and run cables from the back of it.. hard-wire like my old NanoKontrol above would be easier and probably more durable.
    Last edited by deevey; 11-14-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Tech Mentor

Just make sure to add some sort of strain prevention to the new cable!!!! The newly soldered cable is now even more fragile than before (you now have a 6 foot cable attached simply by 4 tiny solder points). I don't have a nano, but a simple knot in the cable on the inside of the case should do the trick assuming there is enough room inside.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Way too tight for a knot in there, and I'm not a fan of knots in cables .. a tight cable tie & some hot glue works a treat though.

Tech Student

Thanks for the advices. This will put my soldering skills to a real test.. but I guess I have nothing to lose.

I just spent 3 hours trying to solder it and just fucked everything up. maybe I don't have the right equipment or am just retraded

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12