For all you Trance dj's, help please :)
    Tech Guru

Default For all you Trance dj's, help please :)

First off ill start with you guys can move this where it needs to be, This is the only place a can post to though.

Basically i started Dj'ing using traktor about a year and a half ago I have built up my collection of tracks as i go. One genre I really seem to like is Trance so was wondering if any of you guys would be able to name some of your favorite Trance tracks that really move you in this thread.... Thanks in advance, Steven.

Tech Mentor

'DuMonde - God Music' is an old favourite
    'Matt Darey - Beautiful'
    'Oceanlab - Satellite (Above & Beyond mix) is a classic
    'Push - The Legacy (Club Mix)' Another classic
    'System F - Out of the blue' one of my favourite tracks of all time
    Anything by Paul Van Dyk (In particular Connected, Avenue + Nothing But You)

Some new tracks;
    'Shogun vs Tempo Guisto feat. Emma Lock -Imprisoned Flamingo (Mount Olympus Lightening Struck)'
    'Albin Myers & John Dahlback - Light'
    'Arty & Misha Kitone - Inside Of me (Vocal Mix)' is a favourite at the moment
    'Sneijder - Away from here (Arty Remix)' another favourie (check out anything by arty)

I could go on and on

Tech Guru

Thankyou for the fast reply... and you can go on and on all you want haha think i might be going on a shopping spree today then... Cheers

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by slpower01 View Post
    Thankyou for the fast reply... and you can go on and on all you want haha think i might be going on a shopping spree today then... Cheers
    One of the best things about djing is discovering music, I spent nearly all of last week doing this, although I was searching for trancy-dnb (found some absolute gems)

I could put a list together of my favourite trance tracks if you'd like?

Tech Guru

yeah that would be great if you dont mind...ive discovered loads of good tracks that i love too but most of it isnt trance itd mainly be remixes. Some of the tracks seem to work into sets but guess i just need more tracks to mix them up with i suppose.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by slpower01 View Post
    yeah that would be great if you dont mind...ive discovered loads of good tracks that i love too but most of it isnt trance itd mainly be remixes. Some of the tracks seem to work into sets but guess i just need more tracks to mix them up with i suppose.
    Do you like DnB? I used to only listen to Trance and then I heard some trancy DnB and I'm in love now

Tech Guru

i listen to a bit of everything really.. i come from a rock backround so when i discovered dance it was easy not to fall into one genre for me... like i listen to a bit of dubstep, Dnb, trance, a bit of techno, rock remixes so im open to all genre's , just like the feel of moving trance

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Resident Trance guru Jester mods this group on Soundcloud. That would be a good place to start.

http://soundcloud.com/groups/goa-trance-progressive
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

cheers dude ill check it out