nunchuck

Thread: nunchuck

Default nunchuck

my plan is to use my nunchuck and a mouse. (could also be used for midi)

now, my theory was that i would open the wire for a USB cable, and for the nunchuck and connect black with black and so on, then connect it to the computer and use something like glovepie (would that be the right software) to make the joystick move the mouse, c for left click and z for right click and possibly both for middle click. (i dont need the accelerometer)

but i ran into a problem.

when googling this, it seems that everyone is using an Arduino Board, and that costs almost $30 and now it costs too much to do

but with the Arduino Board you need to solder and stuff and i cant do that

also. when i opened the wires the usb cable has red, black, green white and the nunchuck has red, yellow, green and white

so are black and yellow the same? and can i do this without the Arduino Board? and is glovepie the right software?

in exchange for your hellp this will work as a proof of concept and anyone with an extra nunchuck can use it as a midi controller and know it will work

EDIT: according to here: http://electrical.about.com/od/wirin...olorcoding.htm
    yellow and black wires have a similar description. so are they the same?
    Last edited by theory28; 10-24-2010 at 11:28 AM.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

I don't think that this can be done without some kind of micro-controller. But, i'm not sure.

thats what i was afraid of. the one used for this costs just under $30 and im not going to pay at all.

not to mention i need the end on the nunchuk and i cut that off already.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.