ITunes Smart Playlist VS. Traktor Collection
    Tech Guru

Default ITunes Smart Playlist VS. Traktor Collection

Not sure if there is fix or workaround - tried doing a search, but how I want to use my smart playlist (and subfolders) in Traktor. Right now I see them in under the Itunes Library, however when I transfer them into my collection none of the subfolders come up. It's just one big playlist.

Is there a way I can use the itunes playlist and have my BPM, loops, etc. store or show in the Itunes library?

Not sure if this in issue but when using Itch I converted my itune library to ID3 tags 2.4 I think.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Guru

somebody?

I don't think there's any way of having your loops show in iTunes - why would you want to though?
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

Tech Guru

Not inside of itunes, but rather in the Itunes portion of the Traktor Library. I think I read that it's "read only".

The reason why I would rather use my itunes folders vs. the traktor collection is because I used a bunch of subfolders in my smart playlists (i play open format and it's easy to jump thru genre's this way) but in Traktor when import the playlists, only the main smart playlists imports with none of the sub-folders appearing.

is there way around this?

Why not use Trainspotter for smart playlisting within traktor?

Try it
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    Why not use Trainspotter for smart playlisting within traktor?

Try it

I read someone mention that recently while doing searches but not sure what it is. One my concerns is that I enjoy using Itch and Traktor depending on what style of music I'm playing so using just itunes to do everything in makes it easy. I'm guessing though if Trainspotter will allow me to make smart playlists, but will pull the column info into Traktor that I have in Itunes then making a few playlists is no biggie.

I'll run a search now.
    Thanks

Is what I'm trying to do, not possibile. Is the Itunes Tree "read only"