So, I bought a maschine...
    Tech Wizard

Default So, I bought a maschine...

Swung though GC here in San Diego yesterday, picked up a Maschine for $499. Packaging looked fine at the store. I get it home, and the packaging in the box was a bit more 'loose' than I would have expected. Well, ok. So I install it, fire off the serial to NI, and "this serial # is in use". Call to GC :"Did you folks sell me a used maschine ? " "Nope, factory sealed!" Uh huh. I have a case open with NI's registration dept now. Yay.

THAT said, I played around with it in demo mode for a bit, and am mightily pleased with my purchase. Next week I'll order an S4 to go with it....

Tech Convert

If someone returns something within 30 days of buying it at GC it is still considered new. Same thing happened to me a while back when I got an MPC 500 brand new and they wanted to give me one loose in a raw cardboard box for full price.

lesson here - guitar center sucks balls.

last time i visited one i remember i worked in the neighborhood so i had some time to kill so i stopped in to mess with some synths. a salesmen approached me, and started to try to sink their hooks in me. i didnt intend on buying anything but to kill time and maybe he knew something i didnt know so i started chatting with him about how i would like multi-timbral VA synth because editting synths in ableton can feel too clinical... now we were standing next to a whole wall of digital multi-timbre synths he had no iea what i was talking about but went to recommending the most expensive moog synth they had. he didnt even know what a multi-timbre synth was.

Tech Wizard

Oh, I have a hate/hate relationship with GC. But its the only real gig in town for instant gratification ;\

Now we see how the NI support really is, and how long I get to wait. Least it gives me time to read the manual.

BTW, anyone know if there is a pdf dl for the traktor bible ? I'd love to read the thing on my ipad, vs hauling a book around...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Has Rainer looked at getting the Traktor Bible in the iTunes book store Karlos? It can't be that hard and I think they've got some pretty good copy protection going there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

I would love to have a copy on my iphone. Even if i need to buy another copy I would. Please Karlos push him into putting up in there :P
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

tau, what are you hoping to do with the maschine? ive got an S4 on its way and i was looking at the maschine too, looks like a pretty sweet tool my hands are greedy to get their hands on!

Quote Originally Posted by natebehe View Post
    tau, what are you hoping to do with the maschine? ive got an S4 on its way and i was looking at the maschine too, looks like a pretty sweet tool my hands are greedy to get their hands on!
    Thinking the same thing.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by natebehe View Post
    Mostly as an expansion to the S4's sampling buttons, but I also wanted to give NI a chance to wow me on the production side of things. I also wanted pads for writing drum parts, I have a hard time playing my synth keys for drums. All of that and the 'easy' sampling and remixing options sold me on it.

Still waiting for NI registration support to ♥ me though, and GC is getting a fairly nasty call from me tomorrow.

Tech Wizard

NI support came through this am, at least on paper. I'll try to get it activated when I get out of the office today ... yay for day jobs :\