Beats by dr.dre good choice?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Beats by dr.dre good choice?

Is Beats by dr.dre studio also a good choice for DJing? I'm hesitate to make a choice between AIAIAI TMA1, HDJ 1000 and Beat by dr.dre. Thanks for giving me some advices.

Beats are over priced. Paying for the fact they 'look cool'. I personally hate the design. TMA1's look understated and professional, can't vouch for sound quality though. Search this forum for other headphone ideas, round ups etc.

RJ x

Tech Guru

I've tried them at the local bestbuy and other stores and honestly the bass is pounding but the clarity is horrible. IMO though try them out they have them displayed in most BestBuys and I think in Apple Stores.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

I would say no. Overpriced and no swivel cups. There are MUCH better choices out there for DJ's

If you willing to spend that amount of $$$ on cans I would go for the Sennheiser HD 25 ii's, the AiAiAi's or Ultrasones. The only things I've heard about the Beast cans is that they are way overpriced. there are much better choices out the for that price bro. Cheers.

Dustin V
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Mentor

http://www.gradolabs.com/

check them out. Use the SR80's. They are open air so sometimes you have to cup them and or turn up your cue gain a little bit, but they are epic. Swivel cups. Light as hell. The more you pay for each model the better they get really. The 325's are my dream headphone.

Tech Mentor

I've heard good things about the HDJ 1000s except they also have a tendency to break

I would definitely recommend the Sennheiser HD 25 ii's over any of those. The HDJ-1000's have amazing sound quality but when you wear them for more than anything over 20 minutes even switching around ears and what not, they get really uncomfortable in that they press tightly against your ears
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

Tech Mentor

i have the beats. the no swivel sucks. other than that they arent bad. but seriously if you are doing djing get different headphones they arent meant for that purpose anyway

Beats are overpriced and merely a fad. Go for 25s or AIAIAIs
    BlackBook, MidiFighter, Traktor Kontrol S4, AIAIAI TMA-1, Raw Passion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast