How would you hook this up?!?
    Tech Mentor

Default How would you hook this up?!?

Okay so here is what I have:
    TSP
    2 x Technics 1200 mk2
    1 x Behringer DDM 4000
    1 x Audio 8 Soundcard

I have my DDM midi mapped out so I want to use it in midi mode. I need to be able to hook it up both to my personal PA and club PAs so how would you hook it up?? I put the outputs of the Audio 8 into channel 1 of the DDM and then hooked my PA into the output of the DDM however then the channels have to be unmuted meaning that the PFL buttons are no longer useable. And it annoys me having the channel 1 VU meter going while any channel could be playing. I guess what I would want in a perfect world would be to be able to have more than one output from the audio 8 (like in external mode) but still be able to have the DDM in midi mode but that doesn't work because then I no longer have fader control.
    Sorry if that was confusing but does anyone have any suggestions??
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Bkag; 10-26-2010 at 12:48 AM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

you can put the ddm partially in midi mode, i know lots of people using it as an external mixer with some midi (transport&fx) on it. i'd link my source, but it's in spanish

the thing is it can be done, read the manual for more info.

Tech Mentor

I want to keep all the channels midi for two reasons, first, I hate the secondary functions of the kills when not in midi mode (in midi I use these for loops) and secondly because the LEDs don't work properly unless all channels are in midi mode.

Tech Mentor

Bump any ideas guys ?

i don't think it can't be done..

can't you turn only two channels into midi mode?
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

it can be done, I had it running on my ddm-4000 before i sold it. I would say to set the mixer to midi ch#2 run the midi cables from the mixer to the audio 8. I had the mixer sampler, mic as midi for loading tracks, loops, and fx's.

I can tell you how to do it, but it would take me atleast 30 min to 1 hr. All the info you are looking for is in the manual for the DDM-4000 and keep the sheet with all the midi info handy to map all the LEDs

Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

Cool thanks. Well I have it all mapped out, both in and out but the real issue is how to hook up to my PA. Did you use your VU meters/did you have them working? And when you hooked it into a sound system did you have the sound hooked into the DDM or into the A8?