2 Kontrol X1's, 4 Effects Banks, doesn't add up?!?!

Default 2 Kontrol X1's, 4 Effects Banks, doesn't add up?!?!

Hey everyone,

I just bought 2 Kontrol X1s and am in love with them thus far. I am running Traktor Pro 1.2.6 as well.

That being said, Traktor's 4 effects banks all respond well to the X1s, however where I am having issues is ROUTING them all. For example I can route FX 1 & 2 to decks A&B, and I can route FX 3&4 to decks C & D. However I cannot use 3&4 for A/B nor can I use 1&2 for C/D if that makes sense.

I just got them so I havent quite figured all the features out yet, but if someone has some experience with this or has a solution I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Tech Mentor

Did you turn on the option for 4 effects banks, and then remap the second controller for effects 3 & 4?

So what your saying is that plug and play mode will not accomplish what I am asking for, I would have to use MIDI mode and change the mappings?

Tech Mentor

you can remap the native functions, in the control manager. I did that to mine so I can scroll the tree list with the left browser encoder, while the right browser encoder was normal.

Tech Mentor

in essence, you would need to remap the second X1 for your effects for 3 & 4. Something I thought about, since I might not be getting a S4 as planned and thinking of alternatives to fill the gap till then.