New Dj looking for solid tips/tricks
    Tech Student

Default New Dj looking for solid tips/tricks

Brand new to digital djing and djing in general. I am currently running Traktor Pro along with a Hercules RMX controller. I have headphones and monitors as well.

To be honest I'm slightly overwhelmed and not quite sure where to start. Any techniques to work on, or good songs to play with would be excellent. I want to do this right. It took a lot for me to even buy the set-up.

Please let me know if you have any tips, tricks or solid starting points!

Many thanks in advance...

MK

So many threads on this dude. Watch these vids http://www.djtutor.com/ (ellaskins best)

Tech Wizard

http://www.djtechtools.com/category/traktor/?all=1

Basically go to the main page of DJTECHTOOLS, on the right side of the page you'll see the search box. Underneath the search box is a some advertisement and under that there's the category option.. I would suggest starting there first. DJTT has a lot of fx tutorials, prepping acapellas, etc.. check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by mattykrobar View Post
    good songs to play with
    Have you decided what you want to play yet? EDM, Hip Hop, Pop, they're all very different ball games.
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

Hey welcome to the community and dj'n mate!
    Best advice i can give is ... practise! just go for it, hey, you may suck balls or you may be a total natural ... keep at it a few months and you'll be mixing with the best of them. Several young guys on this forum were out in the clubs less thatn 3 months after starting. Dont be afraid to ask "dumb" questions around here, a few experts floating around and everyone is pretty friendly and keen to help (a few smell a bit tho)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "