educational version?

Default educational version?

just wondering whats the deal with this
    as in educational version of software is it just for students or can teachers claim this?

Any products by Native Instruments, labelled or otherwise provided to you as a EDU (Educational) version, may only be used by eligible educational end users (students, faculty, staff and administration attending
    and/or working at an educational institutional facility (private/public schools, colleges, universities etc.) EDU versions are
    not allowed to be resold or transferred.
    somewhere from the NI forums.. (in section "terms and conditions"):
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

always nice to have those kind of discount. ABUSE of it :P even for myself as long i stay at school i get 10% on audio equipement too( s4 + -10% + cash discount = profits) and a 2k $ subvention from the gouvernement to buy computer materials but waiting in 2011 for mac book pro
    Last edited by Kh3MiC4L; 10-26-2010 at 09:56 AM.
    2011 MacBookPro 13" i7
    Traktor Kontrol S4
    Fostex PM0.4 / Sony MDR-7506 / Oxygen 25 v3 / Fast Track Pro / Hs80m /
    I HaZ a BaD EnGliSH

cheers welt for that info.

as i say looking to buy some more stuff and my girlfriends a teacher so was seeing if she was able.

how do you go about it?
    like say if i go and buy traktor scratch edu,do you have do register differently? or is it just the same as any other NI product but that you cant swap the license /resell?

go to a store with your gf and let her buy the stuff showing some kind of proof that she's part of the edu system. or she can shop online and send a scan or a copy to the shop.

no difference in registration
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Mentor

You cannot transfer the registration and you aren't allowed to dj commercially with it, so it is literally for educational purposes. Personally I think buying TSP second hand is around the same price and then you get all the benefits of the full paying version!

Is there a difference in features between the Educational and normal version?
    At a local store I see a big difference in price ($200)..

http://www.moogaudio.com/native-inst...pro-p-840.html
    vs
    http://www.moogaudio.com/native-inst...al-p-4027.html

I dont fully trust their descriptions because some say there isnt a difference however the info shows double the ins and outs..

Its for DJing commercially, not for school purposes however I am a university student so I could get the edu if i wanted to.

Thanks in Advance.

Tech Mentor

The regular version now is cheaper than the Edu version so snatch it up fast

So im guessing its the same thing except supposed to be cheaper for students?

I heard that the regular price was dropped until after Xmas then its going back up to $700? Anyone else here this rumor?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It's not a rumor. Says on the NI site good till Dec.31st.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x