Stage Presence, what do you do? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Curious People View Post
    I do a "THEO" to improvemy stage presence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3IKIsXu5qM
    Stevie Wonders's bastard child

I learned my DJ moves from seeing Girl Talk. That guy puts on a hell of a show with just a lappy and mouse.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=61379996

I always have a mic, but rarely use it past the occasional "get your f'ing drinks off my table" or "last call'. I often work at small places where I know a lot of the people, so talking to them on the mic isn't too disruptive to my set.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Quote Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
    Fuck off its all about the music if you want to see cunts stand there arms out jesus style then you need to switch to Band based music for your fix !!! or go to a Tiesto gig !!!!!!!!!!

Excuse my cursing but its all about those sweet transitions

I mean look how much of a prick old Ean Golden looks like in his routines all that long ott motions !!! ?

Ean does rock a set though good on him
    bit harsh
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

dont force yourself to do whatever it is youre trying to do. seems forcing it would show more than simply not doing something.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    dont force yourself to do whatever it is youre trying to do. seems forcing it would show more than simply not doing something.
    Yup

If your gonna just hide up there or check your email you may as well hold your weiner while you're at it.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I use the mic for only one reason....to say "The Cops Are Here!"
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jesc View Post
    i use the mic for only one reason....to say "the cops are here!"
    *high 5*

Tech Mentor

You guys are a bunch of snobs if you think you standing behind a laptop clicking stuff is a show. People want to be entertained, get over yourself and use the mic once in a while.

How else are you supposed to cover a trainwrecked transition? J/K What if you want to switch genres or play an unreleased track? Don't blab, but saying "Here's some exclusive Jay-z for you" or "Let's take it to Jamaica for a minute" is going to pump up the energy. The mic is a positive thing that adds to your performance, just use it sparingly. If you think it's just about the music, stop DJing and go make mixtapes. It's about the performance too.

*wipes evidence off visa card*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast