The old "what speakers/monitors should I buy" question
    Tech Student

Default The old "what speakers/monitors should I buy" question

Hi all,

Eagerly awaiting my s4 to ship I want to have some new amplification to go with it aside from the fact that I blew out my smaller studio monitors. I really want to get something I can at least throw house parties with, but I also want it to be high quality (I hate buying the low end just to end up upgrading shortly after.). I was looking at mackies they seem to be pretty reliable from what I've READ, never used, any models or setups you all are particularly fond of? Nautrally I want lots of low end, but would prefer not to have to buy a separate sub just yet. Budget is gonna have to max at $1500 obviously the less money the better . Thanks in advance!

sebastiannz

I'm listening to house music on 2 alesis m1active 520s + a kef C4 8" sub right now and it sounds mint fully recommend.

krk vxt's or rokits any model depending on what you want i guess and a krk10 sub

Tech Mentor

I like my Mackie Th 15a's (Thumps) you could get a pair of those and a decent powered 18" sub for $1500 fairly comfortably

In that price range I would certainly consider the Genelec 8030.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Student

im wanting the mackie SRM450s i think i can find them used, whats a good sub i should look into?