Novation launchpad with traktor pro

Default Novation launchpad with traktor pro

Hi,

Oke it might be a lack on research but google just not seem to like me so here it goes.

I have a VCI-100 diy arcade edition and i just ordered traktor pro upgrade.
    Time to go legitime i quess.

I'm just starting with this whole DJing thing and i'm only using 2 decks, but i'm thinking ahead.
    I want to go for a novation launchad for deck c and d / use the launchpad for cue point juggling in combination with the vci 100 in traktor pro.

I want to have the choice to either pick the vci or the launchpad (that thing looks amazing) or combine them to go nuts on cuepoints or fx or to use it as another 2 deck player.

is this possible?
    I don't want to spend €175 on a controller that i can't use for my purposes.

edit:
    and what about the djtt mappings can i still use it without touching or changing it?

yeah u can use launchpad and vci at the same time with the djtt mapping still in place for the vci and custom for the launchpad

i have owned both the vci and launchpad and used them both together no probelms
    there are some pretty good tsi's for the launchpad in the mapping fourm you should check them out,then once you know the ins and outs you can make your own tsi to suit your needs.

You made my day with that answer!
    I'll be picking one up soon!

Thanks for the quick reply.

Funny how this sale is bringing the cracked version users out into the open... congrats on going legit bro
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I'm not spending my money on something that i don't even know if i will like it :P.
    I always try out software first.

But thanks, i think it's worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by ricoot View Post
    Hi,

Oke it might be a lack on research but google just not seem to like me so here it goes.

I have a VCI-100 diy arcade edition and i just ordered traktor pro upgrade.
    Time to go legitime i quess.

I'm just starting with this whole DJing thing and i'm only using 2 decks, but i'm thinking ahead.
    I want to go for a novation launchad for deck c and d / use the launchpad for cue point juggling in combination with the vci 100 in traktor pro.

I want to have the choice to either pick the vci or the launchpad (that thing looks amazing) or combine them to go nuts on cuepoints or fx or to use it as another 2 deck player.

is this possible?
    I don't want to spend €175 on a controller that i can't use for my purposes.

edit:
    and what about the djtt mappings can i still use it without touching or changing it?
    I havent used this software "Katapult" (http://www.midikatapult.com/Katapult/Home.html) but if it does what it says you should have a killer piece of gear with the novation launchpad you could do almos anything you want...
    "Dance Dance Dance just being a geek"

I'll have a look on that, thanks for the info!

Ow yeah before i forget!
    Does the launchpad work trough an usb hub?
    I only have to usb ports and those are take by the audio2dj and the vci-100.
    So it'll only work if i can get the audio2dj and the launchpad to work trough a hub.

macbooks only have 2 usb ports as wel right? (13" macbook and pro)

Tech Student

Default launchpad and hercules MK4

Quote Originally Posted by AboveDat! View Post
    yeah u can use launchpad and vci at the same time with the djtt mapping still in place for the vci and custom for the launchpad

i have owned both the vci and launchpad and used them both together no probelms
    there are some pretty good tsi's for the launchpad in the mapping fourm you should check them out,then once you know the ins and outs you can make your own tsi to suit your needs.
    ok, now that it is possible on VCI, i am thinking of Launchpad and hercules MK4, MK4 just for the soundcard and its knobs (and the price ). i am just guessing that it should be possible to run both on TSP! any experience help?

I am a newbie and like juggling with cuepoints.

Thank you

Ive been using the launchpad for a wile now with TSP and a Xone 2d, 1d, 4channel mixer. What i have found is that if i run the launch pad though a USB hub it runs unusually slow, the led feed back is laggy and causes tsp to lag as well so i always plug it in directly. I would not recommend using the launchpad with a USB hub.

Right now I am using a VCI-100 SE but am also planning on purchasing either novation launchpad or the midi fighter. It seems I am leaning more towards the Launchpad.

@eataskdotcom what do you mean by plugging it in directly?