Dual VCI set up?

Default Dual VCI set up?

whats up djtt, i remember reading a while back about how to set up two separate vci 100 and one laptop running traktor pro. if someone would be so kind as to maybe point me in the direction of that info that would be cool,

searching google oddly enough gave me better results but still only on how to hook up two different controllers. which is easy enough in traktors controller manager, however the two vci's seem to only be recognized as a single midi controller in osx. how would you guys go about the port routing.

thanks for your time,

Chris

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Do you only get one VCI in the in/out drop down when both are plugged in?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

correct. im only seeing one instance of "vestax pc" controller when both are connected. when i plug im akai mpk 25 that shows up no problem.

hmm thats wierd, both mine show up no problem. i think what i initially had to do was go into the audio/midi setups within the utilities folder of OSX, and then rename the controllers vci-1 and vci-2. im pretty sure thats all i did in order to make them both show up in traktor. then once in traktor, you have to set it all up within the controller manager, sounds like you know the deal....

only problem that i have encountered is that traktor continually does not remember which vci is routed to which port within the controller manager. for some reason the first vci that i plug in is always routed to decks A and B, while the second vci plugged in will not be routed to anything. so basically i have to go into my prefs every time, assign the second vci that i plugged in to decks C and D, and im off. its kind of annoying, but its an easy workaround and worth the trouble

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

That was my next suggestion. Rename one of the VCI's in midi setups.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

ah yes thank you everyone. I knew osx had a built in solution for this. now, would you guys change the ports and channels via this set up or go to the controller manager to split the deck focus/midi channels for each device?

after renaming them i do all of the other routing/porting all within traktor.

in fact, just checked, you cant really route the vci's in the audio/midi setup. there is a box that you can change for general midi devices, but you cant change the setting for the vci's. i think it has something to do with the vci hardware and the fact that it is hard-routed to channel 1 by defualt.