Motorized pitch sliders? / TR-1

Default Motorized pitch sliders? / TR-1

Ok so i always hear about people saying in the reviews they say the downfall is is no motorized sliders. Well is there actually ANY midi controler with motorized sliders? I realize this greatly increases the price. But why do people both saying this as a negative when it mor thanlikely wont happen?

Anyone tried vestax TR-1?

ctrld

you'll laugh, but one of the behringer paperweights actually has motorized faders.

personally, I don't give a shit about this feature.

i think its a soft takeover issue. if you have a pitch slider that functions as the pitch control for deck A and pitch control for deck C, then when you toggle between decks A and C, as you do on the TR1, then you will most likely have your virtual pitch faders (inside of traktor) of decks A and C at different levels, thus causing a jump in pitch when you move the hardware pitch slider. this can be combatted with the soft takeover feature, but ive always found this feature not very intuitive to use, i.e. you have to remember that it is enabled and then slide the hardware pitch slider until it matches the pitch slider of traktor, which it will then begin to move, and this can be a little bit hard to remember to do, especially if youve had a drink or two while playing...

hope this helps

Having played on some of the Denon decks (HS5500) that do the two-in-one thing.... a motorized pitch fader would have been really cool.

Tech Guru

The Stanton SCS.1d has a motorized pitch slider.

The problem with having a single controller control multiple decks is that it becomes possible to get the hardware out of sync with the software (with a deck switch for example). Sometimes this isn't a big deal, because the parameter effected isn't a dealbreaker. But deck pitch is crucial, and soft takeover logic generally does a bad job of making up for this problem. Having a motorized pitch fader eliminates this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrld View Post
    you'll laugh, but one of the behringer paperweights actually has motorized faders.

personally, I don't give a shit about this feature.
    Will you and Tekki ever become friends?
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?