trouble removing harness, piece missing from the upgrade kit
    Tech Guru

Default trouble removing harness, piece missing from the upgrade kit

i have two issues. first up step 8 .. removing the one harness. i have been trying to pry it out with my fingers and i just cannot get it out. should i pull on the cables? should i apply force in a particular direction?

the second issue is that the black connector seems to be missing on my firmware kit. i just took it out of the package and its just missing. it didnt fall off or anything

Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Quote Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
    i have two issues. first up step 8 .. removing the one harness. i have been trying to pry it out with my fingers and i just cannot get it out. should i pull on the cables? should i apply force in a particular direction?

the second issue is that the black connector seems to be missing on my firmware kit. i just took it out of the package and its just missing. it didnt fall off or anything
    In terms of getting the harness off I'd just pull quite gently on the plastic with pliers, wiggle it about a bit and hopefully it'll come. Mine was a bit of a pig to get off first time. Don't pull on the wires cos you'll probably pull one out of the harness and that would be a problem.

Sadly though on the upgrade plate front, looks like yours is indeed broken. Just had a look at mine to make sure I wasn't imagining things and this is what it should look like.

EDIT: that said, I imagine the black plug is a pretty standard item and you could probably get a new one and solder it on to save you having to send it all the way back to the US.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Everything he said. ^^
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

ok luckily i ordered two upgrade kits and it looks like the second one is all good. so i will try getting that harness off tomorrow.
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hi Ismith,

Sorry that firmware kit was indeed defective in that the connector was never soldered in place.

Here is where you can by a replacement header,

http://uk.farnell.com/harwin/m22-713...tt=M22-7130642

Either way you should have the store refund your purchase.

In regards to the harness when removing it try wiggling it from side to side (left to right in the photo) gently while pulling on the wires.

Im not sure why people are having so much trouble with this all of a sudden, I wonder if vestax changed suppliers for that part....

Tech Guru

finally got it off with a lot of prying and wiggling.