Master Djs? I Need some help!! please
    Tech Convert

Default Master Djs? I Need some help!! please

Hi Djs, Im a newbie Dj. Im now currently using Virtual Dj version 5.04 as my dj software for 3 years.. Im going to get a Vci 100 for my first gear, ssimply because I could not afford more expensive gears(Vci 100 has all in 1 feature so I dont have to buy my gears seperatly in the beginning) and my Dj friends recommand me to jump into a digital Dj since im new so that would be easier for me to get used to them. Im now using only the internal mixer in the Virtual DJ software.
    Anywayz, Vci 100 seems easy to use from Ean's vedios. Because Im not a professional Dj, I do not know the differences among those DJ softwares and I want to know If the firmwares upgrades with all the new effects of Vci 100 would work on my virtual DJ software as well.....
    sorry for bad grammars

respects and cheers from Asia

DjSau

When you buy the vci100, there is always a LE version of traktor 3 included. If I was you, I would check out your vci first with traktor (for which it is actually created) and then you can buy a upgrade to traktor PRO. If you want to keep using virtual DJ, you will have to set your own midi mappings.
    About the fx, that depends on the possibilities of virtual DJ with fx.

I would recommend you use traktor, because it has a lot more possibilities and the vci is designed for it.
    Let the beat control your body...

Tech Convert

Default the traktor?

Im now a techno Dj, but im looking to be a Hip hop Dj, most of the Djs here in town recommand me to use Serato scratch live with tow turntables. What do u think of the differences between vci midi controller and the orignal vinyl turntables with serato scartach live software??? im sorry , my questions might sounds newbie to u, coz im a newbie , lol
    thx for answering

Now if your a tekno dj...well traktor is the way to go...get the demo

If your going to play hip hop, serato is the norm, but it doesnt mean its the best. IMO Serato is good, but it lacks fx so you have to use an external unit which mean more cables, longer setup and break down time. If you plan to get a vci-100, look around you city and check if any dj's have a vci and check them out while they play.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

I'f you are going to spin hiphop I would go for serato! When spinning hiphop you will need an external mixer either way, so serato is your best choice. If you keep playing techno, traktor is indeed the way to go and you would be fine with a vci.
    Let the beat control your body...

Just my 0.2 cents, but I mix techno, use an external Mixer and that with Traktor Pro. So I guess that Traktor Pro (since I do spin some hip hop when im bored) would do just as fine!

Other than that, I prefer 2 decks, Scratch Pro, External mixer and a midi controller for the efx etc etc...

1. If you get a VCI-100 you can go to Vestax's site and download a basic template for Virtual DJ. Anything else you will need to map.

2. Guys.. sorry to bring up this debate.. but can you please elaborate why do you think an external mixer with or without Serato is a "better" choice or the "way to go"? I have mixed Hip-Hop with the VCI-100 (Although I have only used it for a few hours) and except for the heavy scratching.. It works great as well.
    DJTechTools - The Best Online Digital DJ Resource!
    Gear: December 2010 or 1st Quarter 2011
    Music: 80s, 90s, Old School Freestyle, Club/Dance, Hip-Hop/R&B, House/Tribal, Chillout/Lounge, Latin

Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife Island, Spain

Default Internal/External MIxer

Another bar discussion last night:
    Internal (software) mixer or External (analog) mixer.
    The final question was that with an external mixer you leave less work to do to your computer, reducing the risk of a live crash, you will get better sound control and, for the pleasure of the crowd, better output sound, specially using beat grids, jugglings and effects. But it depends vertically on the external mixer you will use too. Did you ever been to dj in club with a good, expensive mixer, snif, full of dust and drinkdrops, waste, lost/damaged faders and knobs and that delicious crunchy sound moving a control that makes the people look at you like a...?
    This is probably the worst case, but...