Hercules RMX mapping for Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Hercules RMX mapping for Traktor Pro

Hey Guys!
    So, I spent all day coming up with an effective mapping for my Hercules RMX to use with Traktor Pro, and finally got there!

It's a setup for a 2deck controller with 4fx slots - 1 and 2 beeing chained, and 3 and 4 beeing advanced.

Scratch Button turns on/off the FX MODE - this is shown visibly, since pitch reset, beat lock and scratch buttons light up.

WHEN IN FX MODE:
    Jog wheel, pitch fader and vol fader on deck A controls FX slot 1 - like on the VCI-100(ish)
    Jog wheel, pitch fader and vol fader on deck B controls FX slot 2
    (that was the chained slots)

Gain knob controls wet/dry on advanced fx slots, source button turns advanced effect on/off, and EQ knobs and EQ kill buttons control the params of advanced FX and the FX buttons. (deck A is FX slot 3, and deck B is FX slot 4)

Buttons 1, 4, 2, and 5 turns the toggles on/off the effect slot 1, 2, 3, and 4 on each deck.

When holding down Beat Lock on Deck A (Pitch reset on deck B), buttons 1, 4, 2, and 5 act as hotcues.

WHEN NOT IN FX MODE
    Everything works pretty much as usual; jogwheels, vol faders, pitch faders, EQ kill buttons and EQ knobs act as they usually do

Buttons 1, 4, 2, 5, 3, and 6 acts as hotcues

IN BOTH MODES
    The cue/mix knob on the right side of the deck acts as a superknob, turning FX slot 1 into an advanced slot, turning on the delay effect, controlling the wetdry, and at the top activates the freeze - like Ean shows in his tempo trick video To get the FX slot 1 back to chained, just move left jogwheel

On deck A, Cue select is loop in/cue and Load Deck A is Loop out
    On deck B, Load deck B is loop in/cue and Cue Select is Loop out
    The cue select buttons will light up whenever a loop is active.

The Sync button syncs (OMG), and also acts as monitor cue - will light up when active

The Up, down buttons will scroll through the browser (when holding down the down button, jogwheel can be used for scrolling also), and the left and right buttons loads song into deck A or B

SO.
    I think that was pretty much it! As you can see, I've left some buttons and knobs with no function - for your pleasure!
    For example in FX mode the 3 and 6 buttons could load your favorite effects directly, or what do i know

Also, the back and forth buttons are not in use - that's your job
    I know it might seem a little confusing at first, but you'll get there in no time.

Anyways, I hope you'll try it out, and give me some feedback - then maybe I'll upload some updates later on!

Cheers!
    DJ Henningway

Tech Student

Sounds good. Though I think you forgot the download link... either that or I've gone blind :]

Default yees

Quote Originally Posted by Snapface View Post
    Sounds good. Though I think you forgot the download link... either that or I've gone blind :]
    Haha, I sure did

Well, I can't seem to edit the original post, so, I will just post the new change to the mapping here:

SCRATCH BUTTON (to turn on FADER FX MODE), is now a hold modifier button - this way you won't have your doubts, whether the FADER FX MODE is active or not.

WHEN HOLDING SCRATCH BUTTON

-Jogs and faders control effect parameters of FX slot 3 (deck A) and 4 (deck B)

- pressing pitch reset and beatlock will change FX UNIT 1 / 2 between Advanced and Chained Mode.

-buttons 1, 4, 2, 5 activates FX UNITS 1,2,3,4

-Source Buttons, Gain Knob, EQ knobs and EQ kill Buttons control FX Units 1 and 2 (in advanced OR chained mode)

-Button 3, deck A sets up the beatmasher, filter and flanger puls on FX Unit 3 (one of Ean's FX combi's)

Button 3, deck B sets up the gater effect on FX Unit 4

WHEN PRESSING PITCH RESET (DECK A) or BEAT LOCK (DECK B)

FX Unit 1 (deck a) or 2 (deck B) changes to an advanced effect and loads the Beatslicer effect. Pressing and holding button turns effect on to the given deck. parameters 2 and 3 are controlled by jogwheel, while holding down the button.
    (Like the Slicer buttons on VCI-100SE)

WHEN PRESSING BEATLOCK (DECK A) or PITCH RESET (DECK B)

-FX Unit 1 (deck a) or 2 (deck B) changes to an advanced effect and loads the BeatMAsher effect. Pressing and holding button turns effect on to the given deck. Dry/wet is controlled by jogwheel and length is controlled by pitch fader, while holding down the button.
    (Masher instead of Ean's echo button)

NORMAL

-Up/down scrolls through tracks (if holding down the down button, right jog scrolls)

-Left/right buttons load track to deck A/B

-Cue Select and Load buttons are Loop in/out

-1,2,3,4,5,6 are cue points

-Sync is sync (wow) and cue select

-Back/forward buttons skip -8 or +8 beats in track

-Stop=Cup , Cue=cue , Play=play/pause

-EQs are normal.

WHEN HOLDING DOWN 'UP'-button

twisting the gain knobs controls filters.

WHEN TWISTING THE CUE/MIX MONITOR KNOB

turns FX Unit 2 into advanced effect and load Delay effect. when button is turned to half, Freeze button is pressed, to trigger Ean's Freeze Trick! (Should have been when it's turned to max. but, the console doesn't support that (as far as I know)

WHEN TWISTING THE BALANCE KNOB
    turns FX Unit 2 into Chained effect, and when knob is turned up, creates a sweep/drama effect for transitions.

So, i guess that's about it. Still a few buttons left for You to modify

Henningway out

Oh yeah, and the Download link:
    Last edited by kjeldbjerg; 11-09-2010 at 05:48 PM.

This is technically my first post haha. I'm new to DJing and I have to say I really like this map. I just added 4 buttons that I've seen Ean use in a few videos. I took your modifier button (scratch) and had it so that when I hold it and hit the track back/forward it shortens/lengthens the loop. So if we have a 4 beat loop, pressing back with the modifier held it makes it 2, then 1, then 1/2 and what not while the forward button just extends it. I've found it to be quite useful! Thanks for making this awesome mapping!!

Tech Student

Thumbs up Yes!

Thanks dude! this helps ALOT
    Great work!

UllE Analog Brain - Digital World

Tech Convert

Hey, thanks for your contribution man.
    Couple things I noticed:
    When holding the 'Up' button and turning the gain knobs, both the filters AND the gains are effected.
    When holding Pitch Reset on Deck A or Beat Lock on Deck B, it loads Peak Filter effect, not Beatslicer.
    When holding down the opposite on each deck, it loads Delay, not Beat Masher.

Any and all observations could be perfectly alright, and my nub dj skills are just messing them up

Also, why'd you get rid of toggle on the normal/FX mode?

Again, thanks for the contribution
    Last edited by Rhysk; 11-18-2010 at 09:56 PM. Reason: being a turd

Tech Student

Man I'd be so happy if someone could make this kind of mapping for the new Hercules 4-MX

I am trying to do the aerodynamic planet rock mix by ean, but I can't get TRAKTOR PRO confgured properly - for example, I don't find the way to make my jog wheel control the beat masher option...

Tech Wizard

has there been any progress on this mapping?

is Rhysk right about the malfunctions?

My current setup is very very similar.
    Can i ask why anyone likes having the sync button and the sync button stacked?
    And why is the scratch button/ shift a hold and not a toggle...?

Default hey

hey man, i've tested this mapping. it's so great. anyway, i'm going to create my own what cause i think that's the real fun of controllerism. Meanwhile i'm going to use that.

Do you have any video in internet? wanna see your skills haha,

i maybe would ask you some questions

Please how do i scratch on my hercules rmx ??? With your tsi configuration ??

Quote Originally Posted by kjeldbjerg View Post
    haha, i sure did :d

well, i can't seem to edit the original post, so, i will just post the new change to the mapping here:

Scratch button (to turn on fader fx mode), is now a hold modifier button - this way you won't have your doubts, whether the fader fx mode is active or not.

when holding scratch button

-jogs and faders control effect parameters of fx slot 3 (deck a) and 4 (deck b)

- pressing pitch reset and beatlock will change fx unit 1 / 2 between advanced and chained mode.

-buttons 1, 4, 2, 5 activates fx units 1,2,3,4

-source buttons, gain knob, eq knobs and eq kill buttons control fx units 1 and 2 (in advanced or chained mode)

-button 3, deck a sets up the beatmasher, filter and flanger puls on fx unit 3 (one of ean's fx combi's)

button 3, deck b sets up the gater effect on fx unit 4

when pressing pitch reset (deck a) or beat lock (deck b)

fx unit 1 (deck a) or 2 (deck b) changes to an advanced effect and loads the beatslicer effect. Pressing and holding button turns effect on to the given deck. Parameters 2 and 3 are controlled by jogwheel, while holding down the button.
    (like the slicer buttons on vci-100se)

when pressing beatlock (deck a) or pitch reset (deck b)

-fx unit 1 (deck a) or 2 (deck b) changes to an advanced effect and loads the beatmasher effect. Pressing and holding button turns effect on to the given deck. Dry/wet is controlled by jogwheel and length is controlled by pitch fader, while holding down the button.
    (masher instead of ean's echo button)

normal

-up/down scrolls through tracks (if holding down the down button, right jog scrolls)

-left/right buttons load track to deck a/b

-cue select and load buttons are loop in/out

-1,2,3,4,5,6 are cue points

-sync is sync (wow) and cue select

-back/forward buttons skip -8 or +8 beats in track

-stop=cup , cue=cue , play=play/pause

-eqs are normal.

when holding down 'up'-button

twisting the gain knobs controls filters.

when twisting the cue/mix monitor knob

turns fx unit 2 into advanced effect and load delay effect. When button is turned to half, freeze button is pressed, to trigger ean's freeze trick! (should have been when it's turned to max. But, the console doesn't support that (as far as i know)

when twisting the balance knob
    turns fx unit 2 into chained effect, and when knob is turned up, creates a sweep/drama effect for transitions.

So, i guess that's about it. Still a few buttons left for you to modify

henningway out

oh yeah, and the download link:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast