Worst Night Ever?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Student

Default Worst Night Ever?

Alright, I know everyone's played some shitty shows but damn, last night may take the cake. Double set at a house party with a friend of mine, I start at midnight and about 20 mins in the cops come and I've got people yelling at me to turn it down. The cops leave, they yell at me to turn it up. This goes back and forth for about another 40 minutes, eventually I get some drunk asshole who decides it's a good idea to yank the cords out of my setup to make a point about the volume. This of course almost blows out the speakers and as the room gets filled with the horrible sound of technical error he's threatening to hit me in the face unless it stops in 5 seconds, he even gave me the countdown.

Finally I get everything reconnected and of course it's time for every girl there to ask me to youtube miley cyrus or at least let them plug in their ipods, probably my biggest pet peeve while DJing. An hour and a half later I'm one of the last people at this party and I'm disconnecting everything and getting it packed up. I go upstairs to find a drink as I was told that I get to drink for free, grab a beer out of the case and BAM I'm getting yelled at for stealing by the drunkest of the drunk bitches. This of course turns into a naughty word fight and ends with me walking 30 blocks home with a backpack full of expensive and heavy equipment as my ride had left and I was no longer "allowed" to stay at the house to sleep it off.

Rejoice if you don't live in Salt Lake City

Shit dude I've had some bad gigs before, but I think yours takes it.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

FTBs...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Jeez, commiserations. Props to you for trying to get your free beer though.
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

Boooo, thats a badun
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Yeesh

*shoulder hugs*

*shakes head*

*hands beer*

That EXACT situation has happened to me before. Minus the cops. Some beezies man.

Damn dude.. That really takes the cake. I've had similar things happen but not all at once. One time everyone kept accidentally unplugging my main power supply every 5 minutes. So frustrating but nowhere near as bad as your night!
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

I HATE people who want you to stop everything so they can plug in their iPod for some shitty Justin Bieber bollocks. Fuck off and let me get on with it, or ask ME the DJ to play something. I probably won't play it, but feel free to ask...
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

2 words for the guy grabbing the cables
    baseball + bat

Seriously though you should think about taking a couple of mean looking mates with ya - works wonders
    SC | MC

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast