First Mix

Thread: First Mix

Default First Mix

Hello, I've only played at around 10 parties and they were all small events. Nothing exceeding more than 100 people. I've always viewed DJing as more of a hobby than a profession, but I want to get better. So I want you guys to judge my first House mix. I've listened to it a couple times and I don't really like it, but it's the only 'live' recording I have.

http://soundcloud.com/deejay-input/house-mix

Thanks for listening!

Any feedback whatsoever would be great as well.

I don't quite have to to listen to the whole thing, but as of now the Sexy Bitch in the background was quite excellent; however, you may have wanted to have the entire phrase of the intro as opposed to only 8 bars...but it was nice and it was accompanied with a smooth transition into the full song.

At 7:50 I feel like the cut should've come at the end of the chorus, not at the start...it makes the buildup feel almost worthless and awkward if you know what I mean.

As of now (10:50) I quite enjoy the choice in songs

the 10:58 transition cut was more what the 7:50 cut should've felt like in my opinion...it was good stuff.

13:25 was pretty raw I've gotta say, but i feel like doing the same thing at 14:40 may not have gone to your advantage...but that might just be the song and my opinion (I think that song is too "In your face" to go for as long as you let it go on, but the mix was fine)

Hmm, Don't like song choice from 16:00-18:00, but thats personal preference!

I like it, but I've gotta go to bed now :/ so as a concluding remark, I think your doing great in general!

Doctor Mogal

Thanks a lot for the input. I'm glad that I'm at least doing okay. Now all I have to do is practice, practice, practice!

DoctorMogal are you DJ CM?

Taking everything I've gotten and making a new Mix. Any last comments?