question for s4 users

Default question for s4 users

Question about the tempo faders - when you hit sync to match deck b to a.. what happens when you move the fader after to adjust the temp of deck b to its original tempo? does it jump around as soon as you movie it? or i there a soft takeover?

As far as I know they are relative, so it just moves the pitch in the software by as much as you move the pitch fader.

Also, please don't start new topics for these questions, there's an entire S4 topic going on.
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There's been some changes to how the master clock works as described in post 12 of this thread on NI.

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...d.php?t=121004

I haven't completely wrapped my head around it yet.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

what im saying is - if the tempo fader is say all the way up and the tempo has been synced to a track that is slower then the fader will appear to be high but the actual tempo will be slower. So how would you move the tempo fader without making the actual tempo of the song going crazy because once you move it from that spot will it jump from slow to fast? - this is very hard to explain. To fix this on the vci-100 ean in the mapping allowed us to reset the fader using the shift key.

Tech Mentor

On my hercules, the physical fader sort of "picks up" the software fader and then moves it. So if you drag the fader all the way up, then sync the software fader back down, moving the physical fader won't do anything until it reaches the same point the software fader is at, then it grabs it again and works normally. I sort of like it

yes thats what i mapped my vci to do. its called soft takeover i believe. i wanted to kno if the s4 had that.

Like I said, its relative. If hardware is all the way to the top, and the software is lower, if you move the hardware down it will move the software down. Also, I read you can hold shift, and move the hardware without moving the software.

Can someone please confirm?
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?