Serato Mapping Experts Needed for Quick Advice w/Dicer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Serato Mapping Experts Needed for Quick Advice w/Dicer

Hey Guys,
    Let me just say I'm a Traktor guy, and have ZERO experience mapping midi controllers in Serato, but I'm looking for some advice to help out a dj I know. I don't have a Serato system on hand, so a total noob step-by-step would be best.

This dude has a pair of Dicers and simply wants to map a button to the reverse function. I don't think he's set on any particular button. Can someone break this down for me in a way that will be easy to deliver to him? Also, how does this affect the default functionality?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Zac Kyoti; 11-04-2010 at 12:22 AM.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

I'm pretty sure you can't remap the dicer's in SSL. It's kind of a one trick pony, you plug em in and use the default.

I could be wrong, but that's how someone explained it to me in the past. It's one of the big bonus's of having Traktor over Serato, you can actually MIDI map things.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

The Dicers have 4 un-mapped pages when you use 'em with serato. It just be a case of midi mapping (RTFM) one of the selected buttons...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn69x...layer_embedded

This should help out, ive been wanting to get a dicer for some time...but $100...come on!

http://www.novationmusic.com/us/support/dicer
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

Thanks dude! That helps. The guy I'm trying to gather info for, is as far as I know, not the RTFM type. I'd figure it out myself, but like I said, no serato for me (I'd love to have it in addition to Traktor though).
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

i have an idea, mail me the dicer and the serato box, ill map it and send it back.

deal?
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

It's brain-dead easy.

Click the MIDI button on the top right
    Click the reverse icon/button
    Push the button you want to map to reverse
    Click the MIDI button to finish

Ta-da!

Tech Guru

I'm assuming you lose whatever function was mapped to that button before? Or is it like Traktor where you can stack and macro things up?

Mixcloud DJ Sets

does djtt have an official maping for the dicer (traktor)?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

No it's not like Traktor that way - as I understand it, one button = one command. But you have a couple pages of blank buttons on the dicer in serato so just go for it.

And really I think $100 is a pretty good price for this, it's a bunch of buttons easy to use and easy to put on your gear, and they even have multicolored lights. I can't think of anything else in the price range that matches its features. Sure you can get a nanopad cheaper but this will actually last you, and you've got lights. Lights are good, mmkay?

of course, maybe I'm just trying to justify the fact that I impulse-bought one of these a couple months ago =P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast