cant beatmatch with rmx/steel?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default cant beatmatch with rmx/steel?

i had narrowed down my selection for my first controller to the rmx or the steel with the audio 2 dj, i didnt know if either controller had different effects capabilities or if one was better made than the other, but if i cant beat match on them then ill definitely look for a used vci 100....

presumably you'll be using software so you can use sync...
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

yeah but i dont want to sync i would like to manually beatmatch so i can learn everything ya know?

Manual beatmatching with controllers is pretty much pointless unless you got for the higher end stuff due to the faders not being as accurate or not being long enough to get a precise beatmatch.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

I have the Steel. I use sync most of the time but at the same time, all my stuff is beatgridded great and I use 3 or sometimes even 4 decks at the same time. Can you beat match with it, yes. Not so much with the jog wheels, but much like the Midifighter, you can use modifiers to pitch bend and increase tempo. I have that set up and use it occasionally, but can say I rarely touch my pitch faders.

As stated, if you want a controller, beatmatching isn't really your main concern, it should be more FX based and user friendly.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Beatmatching with a controller is IMO tougher w/ a controller than with cds or TT, but you can def do it. candidly, however, i almost always sync when using a controller unless im going back and forth bn a controller/cds/tt, etc.

Tech Wizard

then scratch the beatmixing with a controller haha, the decision now is to get the rmx or steel/ wait for the 4-mx(nov.22)/wait for the vci-100mk2(idk the date on that)/get the vci100SE

Don't agree with you guys. I think that you CAN learn how to beat match with controller.
    Those stuff about faders and so, even on cdj's are different, not to mention that when you change pitch fader from 4% to , say, 20% its different.
    Learn with controller. Later, if you get some cdj's or TT's you are going to need a lot less time to get used to beat match on them then to learn it from zero.

how to feel better about hitting sync. (assuming your grids are good): hit sync, then hit play on beat and correct by ear using pitchbend, then look at the phase meter just to be sure
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

i have an rmx and i find it super hard to manually beatmatch because the pitch faders aren't exact enough (they jump in about .15 - .20bpm increments). The jogs are also too small to really cue up the track like you would a turntable..pitch bending, good beat grids and hot cues are key if you don't want to use sync.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast