VCI 100 B Stock?

Default VCI 100 B Stock?

Up until now, I've been sharing my friends Xponent and using Torq with his laptop and his files. I've started to feel a bit restricted by the whole setup so i think I'll spend the last of my money and splash out on my own gear.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Vestax-VCI-100-US...3286.m63.l1177

I found these on ebay today and at first I thought they were brand new and was amazed by the price. BUT they are B stock so I'm a bit cautious. I've bought B stock items before, such as my iRiver and I can't tell whether there is any difference between them and new items.

Just wondering if anyone here has one of these or has seen/used one of them? Or if anyone knows why there are so many of them around?! Am I right to be a bit hesitant and would it be better to save up for a brand new unit?

Tech Wizard

I am also curious about this, I wouldn't mind saving $100 as long as I knew it wasnt going to crap out in a couple of weeks.

Tech Wizard

Someone explained to me a while ago why he only buys B-stock.

After something is produced entirely on a robotic production line it goes through a simple multi-point inspection. if any defects are found, like ONE LED not lighting properly, it is sent to a more detailed point inspection which includes hands-on repair. Regardless of what was wrong with it to begin with, the repair inspection has to go through every point as well for quality control.

These products which have essentially been more thoroughly hand-checked than the A-stock are sold as B-stock.

can anybody atest to or debunk this?

s.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheph View Post
    can anybody atest to or debunk this?
    There was a thread a while ago here but i cant seem to find it, basicly it said just what you covered. B-Stock is fine to purchase in my eyes.