Freeze of my VCI100 controllers
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Freeze of my VCI100 controllers

Hi,
    I'm using a VCI100 in 1.3.
    It's conected on my mac book pro with traktor and an AC adapters is added.
    sometimes my controllers were frozen and i need to put the VCI on off to use it once again.
    I've done this 10 times last night during a party....
    Do you have an idea?
    Thanks
    Laurent

Salut Laurent,

Which TSI are you using? Under what circumstances (inputs, mode, etc.) does it freeze? Which version of Traktor are you using?

One simple question, you are switching the "on" switch to the adapter side? I'm not to be insulting, just checking the obvious :-)

The DJTT 3.5 TSI has a "Glitch FX" version that MAY help (although it is really for PC users), maybe try that.

So it is only the VCI that locks up, there is no Traktor or sound problems?

Lots of questions, but I can't think of anything obvious from your description.

Phil.
    MBP 10.6; Itch 2.2; Novation Twitch; TP 2.x; MF Classic; Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    Apogee Duet 2; Reason; Ableton 8; 49SL MkII; Maschine Mikro; Launchpad

Tech Wizard

I had multiple problems with controller lock up.. dig through these forums, they are a goldmine of info. I have PC so I won't be much help... but general rules of thumb...

Look at eans notes and help file. Reload traktor, your system, and import the .tsi several times. In addition to that I would set up your hard drive with 2 partitions and create a low-weight OS with bare minimums running to prevent glitches and hiccups. Also try finding exactly what causes your problem (for me it was the jog wheel while scratching or using fader efx). If you don't want to (or dont know how to) set up your hard drive, change some system settings in your normal setup. Always reboot fresh before going into a party, and keep minimal processes running. You should configure your system to place priority on more usb-focused things (for pc this is background processes).

Again, I'm PC, so I'm a whole different world. Do some digging, use google, use these forums. If you can find your problem, look at the mapping information and customize it to avoid the problem. Also keep in mind that versions of OS, system specs, and version of traktor and the .tsi you use are all factors in the working process.

Hi,
    I'm using the 2.5 version for the TSI file with the last update of Traktor.

The VCI 100 switch is on "on" not USB as i use an external adapter.

There is no other programs in my computer as i re formated the hard disk.

No problem with the sound of tracktor when the VCI freeze.

Sorry about my English

Thanks
    Laurent

i used to have the same problem with mine, never fully figured out what caused it.
    ended up running the VCI and soundcard from 2 usb ports in usb power mode and using a powered usb hub for other devices.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kissbanger View Post
    Hi,
    I'm using the 2.5 version for the TSI file with the last update of Traktor.
    You might double check what version of Traktor your running because when you do an update it doesn't change the shortcut in the dock. Lots of people do the update only to find out they're still running the older version because of the way Traktor does this.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i got the same problem guys.but its really strange before it was happened 2 weeks ago , after i removed echo and vestax in audio midi utilities app and it was working perfect but last night its was happened again ... but its really strange then i came back home everything was working perfect again ....

For me it's an USB problem but i don't know why and how i could resolve it as i use an AC adapter...

For the version of Traktor, it's the last one no doubt (1.2.6)

i run 1.2.4 tonight and its work perfect and i thought maybe its 1.2.6 bug cuz before i also was running 1.2.4 and first bug was after i start using 1.2.6 i use djtt usb cables . i use macbook with vci 100 se 4 months every day ( resident dj ) 2 hours and its was absolutely flawless with audio dj 8 , and few week ago i moved to echo 2 ( first i got problems with drop outs, cuz of cable , after i bought gold platted cable and no any problems , only clear sound ) i thinks its 1.2.6 bug

Tech Wizard

Try stripping your OS of services you don't use, disable the wireless, etc etc. Focus every system aspect you got onto USB.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast