youtube files for djing
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default youtube files for djing

does anyone know if youtube downloaded tracks (in HD, like 480,720, 1080) with a nice program have quality enough to mix with or is the quality and parameters of the tracks fucked up somehow? im tired of goddam torrents and live nowhere near a shop with good music and got no credit card to buy online SO PLEASE HELP ME BRAS

Tech Mentor

I'm fairly sure that would be illegal, someone correct me if I am wrong.
    Quality wise I wouldn't trust youtube

You don't need a credit card to buy music online, you can use debit. If that's really a problem find the nearest music shop in another town?

If that's really a problem there's about a billion threads on here where you can get quality music, normally remixes but sometimes album tracks etc for free, legitimately. Artists' give em away to generate hype for a release. If you've got a good ear you can build a great set out of these.

If you don't love music enough to spend time, energy and yes - money on it. Should you be DJing?
    Last edited by Rumblejazz; 11-03-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoetrope View Post
    does anyone know if youtube downloaded tracks (in HD, like 480,720, 1080) with a nice program have quality enough to mix with or is the quality and parameters of the tracks fucked up somehow? im tired of goddam torrents and live nowhere near a shop with good music and got no credit card to buy online SO PLEASE HELP ME BRAS
    Paypal, pay as you go visa (available at wal mart) are available as a means to get online purchases going. But, and I know I'm going to sound like an asshole but oh well, saying that you are sick of "goddam torrents" makes me think that you wouldn't buy anything anyway. Here's an idea, I (or some other large ex-ranger) comes to your house, performs strong arm robbery on you and takes your stuff. It is essentially what you are doing to the people that make the music, write the programs and create the other intellectual properties that you torrent.

Intellectual property is counter intuitive to the advancement of mankind. I wish all of the copyrights and patents would go away and leave the people to develop on each others ideas. With that said, pay for your songs/software simply because it's the right thing to do. I admit to using some not kosher things in the past, i'm guilty of USB'n on occasion. But really, I pay for things because i want to show my support.
    If you don't have the money there are plenty of free options out there for both software and music. As for videos, i'm sure there are all kinds of videos out there that are in the public domain; but, i'm not sure how good the quality will be.

yes its illegal

there have been a few times where ive downloaded audio from videos (that one amen break documentary that i used as a dnb mix intro) and some other cases

regardles, ive found that the HQ option is better than the standard option, but its not what you hear when you select the 720P option on a video from one of the ukf channels.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

cool desktop background is cool
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Pay for music. Piracy is bad and ruins music for those who buy it legitimately.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Try to find the money to pay for the music, it's always the better choice.

Also, piracy is not bad in itself, should you choose it.

Also, there was a thread just a few days ago with several sites for downloading music, legally and otherwise.

Also don't use Youtube rips. I don't know what quality it's actually in, but it can't be good.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast