Traktor beat grid a little off?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor beat grid a little off?

So I am just starting to get serious with my DJing and have begun beat gridding all of my songs. What I am finding is that the beat grid that traktor lays down is always a touch ahead of what I think it should be. Normally I wouldn't think anything of this but it would be a pain to have to go through my 40 songs again and shift the grids.

The way I have been doing it is laying grid to a down beat (kick) and slowly dragging the waveform with my mouse in vinyl mode so I am at the very beginning of the scratch sound that you hear scratch DJs start from (you know, the WHOMP, hahaha) Should I lay my grid at the beginning of this Whomp or in the middle of it?

Does anyone else find the auto grid a little off or am I as ignorant and I hope Im not? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I allways lay my grids down just right before the audio peeks, putting them right on thepeeks seems to cause some problems when looping an quiet part of a track right before the the track drops. The loop will play a very small part of the kick resulting in a clicking sound which is just downright horrible.

Tech Wizard

Thanks Bento, I thought thats the way its done, like you said, if you put it right on the peak you get a funny sounding first beat when looping or jumping to a hotcue.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

The best way to test this is to lay down your grid and hit a Cue/Play button. If, when you hit it you hear the start of the beat you're golden. Just keep pulling it back or pushing it forward until it's perfect. Then the loops should be perfect. Also make sure you're in Snap mode when you lay down those loops
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall