Traktor Kontrol S4, Maschine compatibility
    Tech Convert

Default Traktor Kontrol S4, Maschine compatibility

Safe,
    Indulge me, is it feas 2 create live beatz & tunz on maschine import 2 an S4 deck A,B,C or D and mix,add FX and scratch lon side on the remainin decks thru a midi cable by changin Maschine's pad source 2 corrospondin midi input, then ultimately record thru Traktors internal recordin software.
    or ne other way 2 allow the S4 an Maschine to coincide for the the desired effect.
    Laterz

Soul-T

Quote Originally Posted by Soul-T View Post
    Safe,
    Indulge me, is it feas 2 create live beatz & tunz on maschine import 2 an S4 deck A,B,C or D and mix,add FX and scratch lon side on the remainin decks thru a midi cable by changin Maschine's pad source 2 corrospondin midi input, then ultimately record thru Traktors internal recordin software.
    or ne other way 2 allow the S4 an Maschine to coincide for the the desired effect.
    Laterz

Soul-T
    You can use soundflower to make the Maschine software's output go into an output in traktor (virtual cables) and then also set the maschine software to listen to midiclock sent from the traktor software.

Tech Convert

Quick Reply, Safe
    So to implement id select Maschine's software 2 collaborate wit Traktor pro choosing a channel which represents i.e deck A which will then read Through the S4 out through the speakers also allowing the T P's midiclock 2 tune in the Mashine and sync both live beat making and tracks from deck B,C,D from pro through the headphones?

or is it combining the 2 software audio outputs in2 1 channel, rather then using the RCA or 1/4 hardware outputs on the S4 im using the Mac as the audio source leaving Maschine and the 4 Decks on the S4 to run through the mac and use S4's internal soundcard for the headphones. using oldskool beatmatching for the midiclock or a track, thus eliminating the midi cable?

or have i just confused myself with typing diarrhoea
    Skeng
    Last edited by Soul-T; 11-03-2010 at 08:14 PM.

Breath in, Breath out.

what happens is that Traktor will read one deck, lets say deck D, as the output of Maschine. So anything getting output from Maschine will go through traktor and through your S4. This means that you can mix like you would normally do with the audio output from Maschine via Deck D. The Midi Clock sent from Traktor to Maschine will Keep everything in tempo.

Tech Wizard

Traktorbible.com explains how to do this in detail on one system

Tech Mentor

I get maschine to play thru my S4 but I have no controls. Can anyone help? I have it running with Jack router.

Quote Originally Posted by jamamerican View Post
    I get maschine to play thru my S4 but I have no controls. Can anyone help? I have it running with Jack router.
    what "Controlls" are you trying to achieve?
    do you want Traktor to control Machine? because i dont think it can do that.

Tech Wizard

Can the machine work with ddj sx with traktor ?