Traktor Pro Playlist Help
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor Pro Playlist Help

ive accidently clicked delete playlist instead of clear, and it seems like the playlist it totally locked away from any use. i cant even right click it to see any options. this one has totally stumped me. any ideas?

Every time you exit traktor, a backup collection is created. In your case all you need to do is import the .nml file from the day before you deleted that playlist. As long as it wasn't the actual tracks you deleted, it shouldn't be a problem. So find where your traktor folder is in documents (windows), locate the backup folder and you should be fine.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

oh man! thats gonna be hard. this happened like 2 months or more ago
    i dont really understand what an nml is either?

its the file that contains all the information on your collection ... tracks, playlists, stuff like that. If you can find the backup folder each .nml file is dated so you should be able to find it. Just remember if you re-import a collection you will be "rolling back" your collection so any new playlists you have made since then will not be there.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

damn it. But thanks heaps. though does this mean songs i have imported since then will be gone along with all the beatgridding and cue placing i did?

No the grids and cues will still be there, that info is stored in the track file itself.

Tech Wizard

so i just went and deleted up till october and every single playlist turned red and locked. and i cannot get them back to my own knowledge. this is major now.

Right you need to right click on the collection folder and import your nml file.

Tech Wizard

yeah i did and lost more playlists still. i sent an email to NI, hopefully they will have some more ideas. thanks so much though, any more ideas?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

You should make a copy of the whole folder any time your going to make changes. Especially drastic ones.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x